- In the same manner as the Sbarro Sparta, pre-Motorcycles Update Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package, and Maserati Alfieri, the McLaren X2 has a hybrid racing engine but uses the Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning's engine note albeit in the style of a car with a multi-speed gearbox.
- As with the aforementioned cars (except the Alfieri and including the Peugeot SR1), the X2 has the pre-race revving sound of a high-performance vehicle.
- The McLaren X2 is the only McLaren car in the game that shows its year in its in-game name (2018).
- The McLaren X2 holds the most required Advanced Tech cards of any car in the game, with 48 of them, replacing long-time record holder McLaren F1 XP-5, with 44 of them.
- While a screenshot of the McLaren X2 shows it as the MP4-X with matching livery, it is not obtainable as it was a pre-release version of the X2.
- Notwithstanding FIA having banned alcohol and cigarettes advertising, the X2 shows the Chandon logo on its rear spoiler.
- Unlike the other McLaren Formula One cars, all of the sponsors seen on the car on McLaren's website are present on the in-game car.
- The McLaren X2 is the only Formula One car in the game with a closed cabin, subsequently resulting in the lack of a visible driver character.
- This is due for being a concept F1 vehicle in contrast with the 2018 McLaren-Renault MCL33.
- The McLaren X2 has the highest license payout of any non-VIP vehicle in the game, with 88.
- The McLaren X2's McLaren Legends Season races erroneously have their recommended rank values reused from the last three McLaren Legends Season races for the McLaren MP4-31.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.