The 2018 Spring Update, is the 26th update for Asphalt 8: Airborne. The update was announced on Gameloft's Facebook page on April 6, 2018 and launched on April 11, 2018 with a YouTube livestream on the same day. [note 1]
This update added the Daily Tasks Streak.
Asphalt 8: Airborne is blooming this spring! The new update is coming soon and here is a sneak peek of what to expect:
DAILY TASKS STREAK
Revamped Daily Tasks now come with brand-new Streak Rewards. If you've got what it takes to complete a full streak, you'll win big prizes!
SPECIAL EVENT SERIES
March into spring by pushing your skills to the limit in an all-new Special Event series. Don’t forget about our special offers!
Double your chances! The Split Box drops twice as many cards, so you can choose the best and leave the rest.
Can't track down a particular Blueprint or Pro Kit Card? Try a Shuffle Box! Each one gives you a full set of card slots, and allows you to exchange them several times for different cards.
- Class C
- Class B
- Class S
The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- V8 Engine
- Apollo N (x52)
- Zenvo ST1 (x52)
- V-Twin Engine
- Ducati XDiavel S (x16)
- Forced Four-Stroke Engine
- Kawasaki Ninja H2R (x16)
- Forced-Induction V8
- Vencer Sarthe (x24)
- V12 Engine
- Apollo Intensa Emozione (x48)
- Multiplayer League now has a car prize for all Leagues.
- The Geely GC9 is now a Car Mastery reward at 100.
- Its upgrade costs are also increased and 12 more V6 Engine cards are required for its Pro Kits.
- The Geely GC9 now allows tokens for upgrades.
- Daily Task Streaks added.
- The Daily Tasks menu has been updated as well.
- New Pro Boxes: Shuffle Box and Split Box.
- In Exclusive Deals, blueprint status is now added on bottom of blueprints of unowned vehicles.
- Prices of Rare and Legendary Blueprints have dropped, and it is now possible to purchase 2 Rare BPs for credits.
- For Windows (desktop) players, preferred graphics card to be used with the game can now be chosen.
- only upgrades are used for the Apollo N and Apollo Intensa Emozione.
- Despicable Me "Villain Wheels" has been removed from the Brand Filter.
- All of the vehicles added from this update onwards need a significantly higher number of engine cards in their Pro Kit upgrades, regardless of their performance or class.
- Drop rates have been added to more boxes, including boxes that cannot be bought, only obtained.
- The Special Offer: Bike Box has been increased from 5 cards to 12 cards and from 200 to 525.
- New app icon of the Zenvo ST1.
- The placement and size of Daily Tasks and More Racing Options in the Play menu have been switched.
- The background of More Racing Options now has a Lamborghini Egoista instead of the Ferrari F430.
- When a box is opened and the screen changes to the notification screen indicating which vehicles can be upgraded or assembled, the entire screen now flashes white, instead of only within the same frame as the box.
- A blue outline has been added to the Mastery screen when selecting a car.
- One of the sound effects used for opening Pro Boxes is no longer used.
- Taiwan and Hong Kong have been removed from the Language and Region settings.
- The yellow "!" button for decal prizes have been removed. The decal can now be previewed by tapping on the prize itself.
- Apollo N Championship April 11, 2018
- Spring Fling 2 Multiplayer Season April 12, 2018
- Zenvo ST1 EDD April 19, 2018
- Vencer Sarthe Championship April 27, 2018
- Apollo Intensa Emozione R&D May 4, 2018
- Earth 2 Multiplayer Season May 10, 2018
- Kawasaki Ninja H2R Championship May 17, 2018
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition EDD May 31, 2018
- Garden 2 Multiplayer Season June 7, 2018
- Porsche 959 Championship June 8, 2018
Bugs / Glitches
- No Mastery Compensation: Attempting to claim the Geely GC9 as a Mastery reward if the player already has the car will not give anything as compensation.
- It was fixed with 10 extra pro inventory slots.
- This, however, has another glitch where players would not receive the inventory slot reward.
- It was fixed with 10 extra pro inventory slots.
- All vehicles shown: Pressing "Enduro Vehicles" in the Lamborghini Aventador SV's EDD event causes the garage to display all 224 vehicles in the game (except the Villain Wheels), which also allows the player to upgrade any vehicle even if they do not own it yet.
- Upgrading an unowned vehicle (except for vehicles used in the EDD) would cause players to be banned for 14 days.
- These bugs/glitches occurs when the player launches the game without an internet connection:
- No Loading Screen: When replaying or restarting races, the game did not show a loading screen and had a shorter load time.
- Different Traffic Pattern: When replaying or restarting a race, any map with Traffic will not have its patterns reset, and on maps that no longer have traffic, such as London and Iceland, traffic will appear on subsequent replays.
- For Tokyo, restarting the race at certain places on the track (both normal and reverse directions) will cause the game to crash.
- No Nitro Sounds: Similar to the traffic pattern glitch, a replayed race will not play the sound effects for Nitro engaging, switching Nitro levels, triggering a Perfect Nitro or Nitro burning. A solution to the glitch is to restart the race.
- In the case of motorcycles, the stunt meter would not show up most of the time when the player drives off the bike from ramps. This can only be corrected by exiting the replayed race and entering the event again.
- Aggressive AI: AI racers are reportedly to be more aggressive and more likely to chase the player.
- No Sound Effect:Tapping on a Championship location would not play a sound effect.
- This was fixed on April 13, 2018.
- Longer loading times (Android): All race events now take nearly a minute to load compared to nearly 30 seconds, posing a significant problem in Multiplayer.
- Login error: If the player tries to connect or reconnect the game to Facebook, the game freezes momentarily before restarting without the game being connected to the social network.
- Ad placement (Windows): The placement of advertisement banners is not in its usual place, blocking navigation and certain buttons. This is noticeable in the booster select screen.
- Gameplay Lag (Android): On some Android devices, gameplay may lag at certain locations when traffic is present. In Multiplayer, this also happens at certain map locations regardless of AI traffic or graphics settings.
- Missing R&D Indicator: In the reward list for Research & Development events, the arrow indicator would disappear when the list is scrolled through.
- This update has the firsts of the following:
- The first to turn a purchasable vehicle into a Mastery Reward vehicle.
- The first to add a motorcycle which has only 5 MAX upgrade stages.
- ↑ The availability of the update on each platform varies by region.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|
|2019|| Fast Lane Update (v4.1.0) • 2019 Spring Update (v4.2.0) |
2019 Summer Update (v4.3.0)