The 2019 Holiday Update is the 37th update of Asphalt 8: Airborne.
- Main article: 2019 Holiday Update (Patch Notes)
Ho, ho, ho! A coldsnap is blowing in at top speed. Are you prepared to warm things up with some holiday heat!
Celebrate the season with 2 weeks of cheerful challenges and great gifts. This event will star not one, but two amazing cars: the Lotus Elise Cup 260 and the mighty Koenigsegg Jesko!
A new vehicle type just rolled up! Ultimate cars don't require any upgrades; they're already perfect for dominating the track.
UNWRAP NEW CARS
Dashing through the snow, over the fields you go, with the pure power of the Italdesign Zerouno, Pininfarina Battista, and the Ferrari SF90 Stradale!
Class-S vehicles no longer require Blueprints to acquire. They now can be obtained in special events or in the Shop. However, you can still use Blueprints for a discount when buying the corresponding vehicle!
GET MORE RARE PARTS!
Fusing spare cards now produces Fusion Coins, a valuable new currency that allows you to apply Pro Kit upgrades!
Sign into your Apple App Store account to synchronise your progress across all your devices without having to worry about your privacy. It's reliable and fast, just like our top premium cars.
All of these cars are Festival-Unlockable only.
- Class D
- Class A
- Class S
- Pininfarina Battista (On hold)
The new vehicles will need the following cards:
|Lotus Elise Cup 260 Kit – Last checked: Jun 5, 2020|
Sale value: 2,000
Rarity: Optimal (Class D)
Vehicle: Lotus Elise Cup 260 (220 to upgrade)
|Italdesign Zerouno Kit – Last checked: Aug 15, 2020|
Sale value: 2,500
Rarity: Prime (Class A)
Vehicle: Italdesign Zerouno (220 to upgrade)
Availability: Time-Limited Events, Festival, Festival Premium reward
|Ferrari SF90 Stradale Kit – Last checked: Jun 5, 2020|
Sale value: 2,500
Rarity: Prime (Class A)
Vehicle: Ferrari SF90 Stradale (220 to upgrade)
Availability: Festival, Festival Premium reward
|New upgrade system|
| Pro Kit cards|
- New currency: Fusion Coins.
- Fusion Coins replace the former Fusion Points and are automatically exchanged ( 1 = 1).
- They work like the former Fusion Points, but are now also required for Pro upgrades.
- Pro upgrades cannot be applied with Credits any longer.
- Fusion Coins can also be purchased for real money as Fusion Packs in the store.
- See Currencies in Asphalt 8: Airborne § Fusion Coins for more details.
- Exchange rates:
- The former "Buy & Apply" feature has been extended to all vehicles. Players who don't have enough Pro Kit or Vehicle Kit cards can buy and apply the missing cards with Tokens directly in the pro upgrade section. This can be seen as a hidden introduction of Token prices for Pro upgrades.
- The new feature hides the Fusion coin upgrade prices when cards are missing.
- VIP Players get discounts according to their VIP level, for example 50 % off for VIP levels 10 and above.
- The Token prices are inconsistent and not proportional to the Fusion Coin exchange rates. For example, while a Class S Part card gives 3 times the amount of Fusion Coins for a Class D Part card, it costs ~4.5 times the amount of Tokens of a Class D Part card.
- Exchange rates:
|Early, Initial, Common||Class D||21|
|10 levels||5 levels car||5 levels bike|
- Pro upgrade prices:
- Festival vehicles need the same amount of Kit cards than before.
- Pro Kit vehicles often need less cards than before, notably Mid-Tech, Advanced-Tech and often Engine cards.
- Fusion Coins:
- The conversion from Credit to Fusion Coin has introduced new price progressions. The price for a level 1 upgrade is multiplied with different factors for all further upgrades. See table to the right.
- The new progressions have caused the pro upgrade prices for most vehicles to explode. The total costs are now around 3 to 12 times higher than before. Some example costs:
- Pro Kit Boxes:
- The Compact Shuffle Box and Compact Split Box now grant all kinds of common Blueprints again, which is useless except for fusing them. However, the boxes are still useful because they also grant bike-specific cards.
- As of December 27, 2019, the milestone version of daily ads now grants the Optimal Shuffle Box and Optimal Split Box instead of Compact Shuffle Box and Compact Split Box, despite the simulated horizontal wheel of fortune still displaying the green Compact Boxes. The wrong display has been corrected on December 30, 2019.
- There is a new Super Fusion Box †. It replaces the three former Fusion Boxes ( Starter Fusion Box †, Extra Fusion Box †, Ultra Fusion Box †) and can be bought for 18,000 in the "Get Boxes" section.
- Exchange rates and drop rates:
|Super Fusion Box †||4||18,000||4,500||Grants 4 random non-Festival Cards! At least 2 will be Rare or Legendary!||42.27||51.48||6.25|
|Starter Fusion Box †||2||5,500||2,750||Grants 2 random non-Festival Cards!||84.53||12.93||2.54|
|Extra Fusion Box †||4||12,500||3,125||Grants 4 random non-Festival Cards! At least 1 will be Rare!||63.41||34.69||1.9|
|Ultra Fusion Box †||4||22,500||5,625||Grants 4 random non-Festival Cards! At least 3 will be Rare or Legendary!||21.13||75.74||3.13|
- New medal for driving distance with nitro active. The game tracks the distance covered in a single chain during gameplay.
- The following vehicles are no longer be Blueprint-buildable and are instead purchasable from the garage or obtainable through special events. Players who own some BPs of these vehicles get a discount off the garage cost that varies depending on the number of BPs owned:
- Arrinera Hussarya GT: 14,000
- Ferrari Enzo Ferrari: 12,000
- GT by CITROEN: 12,500
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV: 12,500
- Lamborghini Egoista: 10,000
- Lamborghini Huracán: 3,200
- McLaren F1 XP-5: 12,000
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition: 12,000
- Mosler Super GT: 13,500
- Pagani Huayra BC: 13,000
- Peugeot Onyx: 11,000
- Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package: 12,500
- Suzuki Hayabusa: 3,500
- W Motors Fenyr Supersport: 14,250
- The following dual-currency vehicles' prices were changed:
- Suzuki GSX-R750: (removed option)
- Mazda RX-8 (removed option)
- Buick Avista Concept (removed option), increased to 2,500)
- Acura NSX 2005 (removed option, increased to 1,100)
- Felino cB7 (removed option)
- Lamborghini Miura (removed option, increased to 280,000)
- Mitsubishi Eclipse (removed option, increased to 4,125)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series (removed option)
- Ducati Monster 1200 (removed option)
- Chevrolet SS (removed option)
- 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports (removed option)
- TVR Sagaris (removed option)
- Ferrari GTC4Lusso (removed option)
- Jaguar XJ220S (removed option)
- Mosler GT3 (removed option)
- Mosler Land Shark (removed option)
- TRION NEMESIS (removed option, increased to 14,250)
- Renault Sport R.S. 01 (removed option)
- Devel Sixteen Prototype (removed option)
- The speed modifiers for the following cars were removed:
- 2015 GTA Spano
- 9FF GT9 VMAX
- Arash AF10
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse
- Chrysler ME412
- Devel Sixteen Prototype
- Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione
- GTA Spano
- Hennessey Venom GT
- Koenigsegg Agera R
- Koenigsegg One:1
- Lamborghini Egoista
- McLaren F1 XP-5
- McLaren P1™ GTR
- Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning
- Mosler Land Shark
- Mosler Super GT
- Pagani Huayra
- Peugeot Onyx
- RUF CTR 3
- SSC Tuatara
- SSC Ultimate Aero XT
- TRION NEMESIS
- W Motors Fenyr Supersport
- W Motors Lykan HyperSport
- Weber Faster One
- All S-class cars have been rebalanced with the 10 kmh / 6.2 mph nitro stat and have a higher stock top speed. Most S-class cars now have a smaller nitro stat compared to lower classes.
- The following cars have the new status. Any and Pro Kits spent on upgrading these cars (excluding the Jesko) will be refunded:
- Compensation for the change to Ultimate status can consist of up to:
- The 5 existing cars that were given status were removed from the garage for non-owners.
- Starting with the Lamborghini Centenario R&D, all the older repeated R&D events are altered and include MAX PRO mandatory rank for the final test, as well as other challenges such as required ranks for the other AI challenges, removed free upgrades, different amount of tokens and Pro Kit boxes as rewards.
- New app icon of a Koenigsegg Jesko.
- New loading splash screen of a Koenigsegg Jesko on Patagonia.
- Iceland, Tokyo, and the Alps are decorated with Christmas scenery objects once again until January 2020.
- Fusion Coins are now displayed at the top of the screen as a currency.
- Pro Kit Boxes:
- The rarity of Kit Cards in Festival Boxes has been changed from "Legendary" to a new fictitious "Festival". When selecting a Kit Card to fuse in the inventory, four new text colors appear, corresponding with the card design and the Fusion Coin price, but not necessarily with the vehicle class. This may be a hint to future rarity categories:
- The three former Fusion Boxes have been renamed.
- Starter Box → Starter Fusion Box
- Extra Box → Extra Fusion Box
- Ultra Box → Ultra Fusion Box
- As of December 28, 2019, the word "cards" in the descriptions of the four Fusion Boxes has been changed to "non-Festival cards". It can be expected that the descriptions of other boxes will follow.
- December 25-28, 2019
- December 28, 2019 - January 1, 2020
- January 2 - 8, 2020
- Winter Festival December 19, 2019
- Apollo Intensa Emozione R&D December 30, 2019
- Italdesign Zerouno Festival January 7, 2020
- Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4 R&D January 12, 2020
- Black Ice Multiplayer Season January 13, 2020
- The required ranks of the NanoFlowcell QUANTINO's mastery were swapped with those of the QUANT FE, thus making it impossible to progress through even with a MAX PRO QUANTINO if its mastery had not already been completed. This has since been fixed.
- The Pagani Huayra has been sold as an Exclusive vehicle for 13,000, which is the price for the Pagani Huayra BC.
- For some Android users, the green icon representing new content appears at the "Play" tab. The icon does not disappear even if Daily Tasks are accessed.
- Even though the achievement, "S is for Superior" has a requirement of 15 Class S cars owned, it can be unlocked with 10 cars.
- This update was not mandatory to continue playing on Windows until December 28, 2019.
- This is the first update to feature a new splash screen.
- This is the first update where new vehicles are only obtained through Festivals instead of Special Events (R&D, EDD, and Championship).
- If the staggered release of the Sixth Anniversary Mini Update on mobile devices is taken into consideration, this is the first update since the Hot Wheels Update that saw a proper same-day release across all platforms.