Asphalt Urban GT is a racing video game for the Nintendo DS and the Nokia N-Gage handheld video game consoles. It was developed by Gameloft and published by Ubisoft, and released on November 21, 2004, making it one of the DS launch titles. It has support for wireless multiplayer with up to four opponents, and takes advantage of the DS's support for 3D graphics (while showing unaccelerated N-Gage's power to match DS's graphics), showing the action from three camera angles. Replays are also available. The bottom screen of the DS is utilized to provide strategic tips and player information.
The game's 23 cars are licensed from real manufacturers such as Lamborghini, Hummer, Volkswagen, and others, and can be enhanced with over 30 addons.
A sequel to the game, Asphalt Urban GT 2, was later released.
- Game Designers : Guillaume Descamps, Stanislas Dewavrin
- Creative Director : Stanislas Dewavrin
- Lead Programmer : David Nicolier
- Programmers : Jean‑Sebastien Mouret, Olivier Francoeur, Alexandre Begnoche, Rejean Cote‑Charpentier
- Art Direction : Christophe Latour, Eric Marradi
- 3D Artists : Christophe Latour, Eric Marradi, Mathieu Michel
- Additional Illustrations : Etienne Perin, Maxime Neko
- Sounds & Music : Romain Gauthier, also known as Nino Mojo, sometimes credited as Nino Gauthier
- Executive Producer : Philippe Laurens
There was a Mobile version of Urban GT which was realeased in December 2, 2004, the difference between the DS/N-Gage version and the Java Version is that the game runs with 2D Graphics with a 3D Perspective for the Gameplay.
This version features 9 licensed cars, which also appeared in the DS/N-Gage version, and also features 8 tracks, which only 2 were also in the DS/N-Gage Version (New York and Paris), the rest are different tracks that were only featured in the Java Version which are:
On May 5th, was the 15th Anniversary of the Asphalt Saga on Mobile, in memory to that, the Asphalt 9 website was updated for the 15th Anniversary, including a playable remake of the Java Version of Urban GT, you can play Asphalt Urban GT and know more about the Asphalt Saga, in the 15th Anniversary Page
|Original tracks||Las Vegas • USA Speedway • Cuba • Miami • Bogota Airport • New York • Paris • Ukraine Deadzone • Hong Kong|
|Additional tracks (Java)||London • Tokyo • Siracusa • Luxor • Vladivostok • Route 66 •|