The Audi S4 is a high-performance version of the Audi A4 (chassis code B8, Type 8K), which has been in production since 2009 and received a facelift in 2012. The Audi S4 is available as a 4-door sedan/saloon, while the 5-door Avant (estate car or station wagon) is also offered in European markets. In-game, the Audi S4's only body style is a sedan/saloon.
The Audi S4 is a mid Class D car, with the following rank statistics:
- Starting rank: 870
- This was changed to 1026 in the Showdown Update.
- MAX rank: 1136 (+266)
- This was changed to 1178 (+152) in the Showdown Update.
- MAX+PRO rank: 1295 (+159)
- This was changed to 1281 (+103) in the Showdown Update.
- Stock to MAX+PRO rank difference: 425
- This was changed to 255 in the Showdown Update.
- Nitro Efficiency: 10/15/20
Despite being in Class D, the S4 is the 4th fastest of the 7 Audi's. Both the Audi RS 3 Sportback and Audi TTS Coupé have a lower MAX+PRO rank than the S4 (1187 and 1269 respectively compared to the S4's 1295).
The Audi S4 has a very weak launch, which is its main downfall. While its nitro is moderately strong, it is inefficient at 10/15/20 (this is shared with the BMW M3 Sedan and Mazda 6). Its drifting capabilities are decent and comparable to the BMW M3 Sedan, but its pure handling ability is sub-par.
The main strength of the S4 is its high top speed for its rank as it can outrun most cars of lower ranks. Despite this, its short nitro durations and slow acceleration are still its weakest link and loses out to the Renault DeZir.