Optimal Tuning Setup (C1100 to C1220)
- 0400 0030 ET0800 - Rank C1101
- Speed ~340.8 km/h (no Tuning Kit)
- 0400 0040 ET0800 - Rank C1114
- Speed ~345.5 km/h (no Tuning Kit)
- 0400 0050 ET0800
- 0400 1050 ET0800
- 0400 2050 ET0800
- 0400 3050 ET0800
- 0400 4050 ET0800
- 0400 5050 ET0800 - Rank C1178
- Speed = ~236.5 mph (~381 km/h)
- 0500 5050 ET0800
- 0501 5050 ET0800
- 0502 5050 ET0800
- 0503 5050 ET0800
Optimal Tuning Setup (C1256 to ~C1330)
Note: This is the best setup for the BMW M2, with 1256 being extendable to over C1300 with the Elite Tuning function (by tuning nitro higher than 0). The playstyle with this setup is very different to the playstyle with the setups below C1220 and it is more difficult to win games. However, with correct usage, this tune should reward more Multiplayer Rating Points and Multiplayer Reward Points than any lower tune.
It is recommended to just Elite Tune the nitro higher rather than to upgrade nitro to level 5 or to upgrade suspension/exhaust. The reason for this is that level 4 nitro rewards the largest Tuning Kit bonus and so that the rank spread starts at 1256 (otherwise, the default rank will be too high).
- 0504 5050 ET0800 - Rank C1256 (pioneered by Feuerrm)
- Speed = 246.7 mph (397.3 km/h)
- +227 (149/78) points in Upgrades, +111 in Pro Kits
- 0504 5050 4444 - Stock Rank C1270.
- 0800 Elite = -14 points.
- 0504 5050 ET0801 --> ET0808 - Rank ~C1265-C1330
- Speed = ~247.1 mph (~397 km/h) to ~251.5 mph (~405 km/h)
- These are just Elite Tuning variations of the C1256 setup. These are the next-best setups after C1256, so C1256 can easily serve as an "all-purpose" setup, covering ranks from C1256 to around C1330.
Editor's Notes: "Being an Elite Car, it is very difficult to calculate tunings for the BMW M2. This is why the C1256 tuning was only "discovered" around 2 months ago by feuerrmFilms, the YouTuber. Most players had previously kept the BMW M2 below rank 1200; a few were over 1200, but were generally anywhere from 1220 to 1350, with no optimal setup having been discovered. People have also been unable to try new tunings for the BMW M2 on alternate accounts because it is very difficult to obtain outside of its giveaways.
I, MMS, have been able to test out the BMW M2 in Multiplayer at the 1256 setup. Based on my knowledge of this game, 1256 is most likely the fastest setup for its exact rank.
R.I.P. BMW M2, 2018. The SLK SEs have taken over." - MMS