Barcelona is a race track in the Asphalt series. It is based on the Spanish city of the same name.
Barcelona has two tracks:
- Barcelona – The regular route. Races here take place during the late morning.
- Barcelona Reverse – The reverse route with the same starting point. Races here take place at sunset.
On both tracks, the Start Line is in the same location.
On the regular version, the race begins facing northbound in the Olympic Port (Spanish: Port Olímpic) neighborhood (southbound on the reverse version), leading to a sharp 90° right turn that leads past the Hotel Arts building and Casino Barcelona (on the right side) and the Torre Mapfre skyscraper as well as the Moll de la Marina (on the left side where boats and yachts can be seen).
Another 90° right turn takes the race southbound along a long stretch of road with Barceloneta Beach towards the left side, and a collection of restaurants, Hospital Del Mar, the Parc de la Barceloneta, and other various buildings on the right.
The main asphalt route splits off to the right, but players can choose to drop left onto the gangway route on the beach, which is a slightly longer route overall and reconnects with the main asphalt route.
In the middle of the track is Port Vell, Barcelona's waterfront harbor. There is a series of ramps that cross several platforms here. The first ramp covers a huge gap that is often used by a passing cruise ship. Colliding with said cruise ship will often result in a wreck, so extreme care when launching off this ramp is recommended, especially for vehicles with low top speeds.
Once the platforms are cleared, a short straight path takes the race westbound, passing by Barcelona's old Customs Building on the left side and the Columbus Monument (Spanish: Mirador de Colón) which is located slightly off-track.
Here, there is a north-turning road section that splits into three possible routes: a longer route that goes through some narrow alleys, the overground middle route that is wide and bifurcates halfway, leading to the B-10 Motorway (Spanish: Ronda Litoral de Barcelona), and the shortest route that is underground and leads towards a covered tunnel, also part of the B-10 Motorway.
The tunnel has a large amount of pillars that the player can knock down to get a large City Havoc count, up to 35x or so. Upon exiting the tunnel, there is a portion of road with overground and underground sections that leads to the Finish Line. On the right of this road is the Campus Universitari Mar and the Parc de Recera Biomedica de Barcelona building, and on the left is the Parc de les Cascades.
It is also one of the easiest tracks in the game. The Barcelona track is 4.47 mi (7.2 km) long. Up to 13,800 points can be earned in one lap in a Gate Drift race set in Barcelona.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Barcelona:
- Audi TTS Coupé
- Ford Focus RS
- Lamborghini Urus
- Jaguar F-Type R
- BMW M2
- Buick Riviera
- ED Design Torq
- Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7
- Renault Trezor
- Lotus Evora Enduro GT
- Ferrari Testarossa
- BMW M6
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Spyker C8 Preliator
- Rimac Concept One
- Arrinera Hussarya
- Chevrolet SS
- Falcon F7
- Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640
- Ferrari F430
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Coupé Final Edition
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Nissan GT-R NISMO
- Tramontana XTR
- Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014
- Bentley EXP10 Speed 6
- SIN R1
- RUF CTR 3
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione
- Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning
- Hennessey Venom GT
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV
- As a simple track, cars with decent all-round stats should perform well here.
- During special Events such as Championships and Sprint Runs (including those featured in Moto Blitz), vehicles can race along a section of the regular track in the opposite direction.
- At certain parts of the track, advertisements for other Gameloft games like N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance can be found.
- The W Barcelona Hotel can be seen off in the distant background when racing southbound along the beach area before reaching the harbor with the cruise ships. The Hotel itself has a different shape in-game, compared to its real-life counterpart.
- The 2 large cruise ships that can be found in the harbor, including the one that can be jumped over, are each designated with the name "Gameloft". This can be seen in blue lettering on the bow (front portion) of both ships. If the player looks carefully at the cruise ship that crosses the gap in Barcelona Rev, however, the player will see that the name "Gameloft" is mirrored right-to-left when the cruise ship is seen from its starboard (right side).
- From August 3 to August 30, 2018, an advertising campaign for Asphalt 9: Legends was featured in the form of billboards in various locations across both versions of the track.
- These billboards re-appeared on December 13, 2018, however the extra pre-race cinematics featuring said billboards are no longer present.
- Tenerife, another location set in Spain.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn • Transylvaniah • Orbital Loop6th|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|