MaCredits are the most commonly used currency in the Asphalt series.
The only currency in the game until the inclusion of Tokens with the Winter update, Credits are a fundamental element of Asphalt 8, being the only way to purchase in-game objects without having to spend real money. Credits can be won by finishing races, winning Time-Limited Events, completing vehicle collections or purchasing credit packs. Credits earned at the end of races can also be increased by the Double Credits booster, completing Bonus Star Requirements and the Daily Bonus multiplier.
- A majority of the vehicles in the game are purchasable with credits. As of the Elite Cars Update, several have the option of paying with either currency.
- The Decals Update also introduced customizable decals you can buy for cars (hence the name), many of which can be purchased with credits.
- The Super Racer Kit Box is the only Pro Box that is purchasable with credits.
- The Upgrades & Pro Kits for each vehicle are purchasable with credits. As of the Monkey's Year Update, several of the subsequent cars have the option of paying with either currency.
Credit packs are an in-app purchase that provides the player a set amount of credits in exchange for real money. While the price for a pack increases for a bigger payout, the larger packs are overall of more value as the player gains a larger amount for a reduced money → credits cost ratio. With the Rio Update, each credit pack will also award the player with VIP points for the VIP system. 
- Rookie Credit Pack: 30,000 & 200 VIP points
- Driver Credit Pack: 80,000 & 500 VIP points
- Pilot Credit Pack: 175,000 & 1,000 VIP points
- Pro Credit Pack: 420,000 & 2,000 VIP points
- Champion Credit Pack: 1,200,000 & 5,000 VIP points
- Master Credit Pack: 3,000,000 & 10,000 VIP points
Transferability with Tokens
There is no official conversion rate between credits and tokens in Asphalt 8: Airborne. It is thus unknown what the relationship between tokens and credits are. However, it can be estimated that a token is worth 138 credits on average and at the most, 252. This estimate is extremely rough as the amount of in-game tokens received for an equivalent value of credits depends largely on what you purchased.
In general, the lower the credit/token ratio of the car price is, the more economical it would be to purchase the car with credit instead of token, and vise versa. However, due to the elusiveness and relatively high availability of the token to most player, it is usually a better choice to purchase item with credit and save the tokens for other use.
- The Rookie Credit Pack ( 30,000) and Handful of Tokens Pack ( 200) at US$1.99; 150 credits per token.
- The Driver Credit Pack ( 80,000) and Stack of Tokens Pack ( 525) at US$4.99; 152 credits per token.
- The Pilot Credit Pack ( 175,000) and Hoard of Tokens Pack ( 1,100) at US$9.99; 159 credits per token.
- The Pro Credit Pack ( 420,000) and Mountain of Tokens Pack ( 2,400) at US$19.99; 175 credits per token.
- The Champion Credit Pack ( 1,200,000) and Truckload of Tokens Pack ( 6,500) at US$49.99; 185 credits per token.
- The Master Credit Pack ( 3,000,000) and Vault of Tokens Pack ( 15,000) at US$99.99; 200 credits per token.
- The Cadillac XTS at 5,000 or 80; 63 credits per token.
- The Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA at 12,000 or 190; 63 credits per token.
- The Nissan Juke Nismo at 155,000 or 1,100; 141 credits per token.
- The Mazda 6 at 270,000 or 1,475; at 183 credits per token.
- The Donkervoort D8 GTO at 325,000 or 2,000; 163 credits per token.
- The Ford Focus RS at 16,000 or 220; 73 credits per token.
- The Infiniti FX50 at 33,500 or 420; 80 credits per token.
- The Cadillac ATS-V Coupe at 250,000 or 2,050; 122 credits per token.
- The Lamborghini Miura at 325,000 or 2,100; 155 credits per token.
- The Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV) at 350,000 or 2,400 146 credits per token.
- The Honda Integra Type-R at 450,000 or 2,650, at 155 credits per token.
- The Chevrolet SS at 890,000 or 5,800; 153 credits per token.
- The Lamborghini Estoque at 950,000 or 6,200; 153 credits per token.
- The Mercedes-AMG GT3 at 1,000,000 or 6,425; 156 credits per token.
- The Ferrari F12berlinetta at 125,000 or 2,200; 57 credits per token .
- The Jaguar XJ220S at 1,600,000 or 6,350; 252 credits per token.
- The GTA Spano at 160,000 or 1,050; 152 credits per token.
- The RUF CTR 3 at 175,000 or 1,150; 152 credits per token.
- The nanoFlowcell QUANT FE at 1,200,000 or 6,500; 185 credits per token.
While every race in the game has a credits payout, the fastest method of earning credits is with Season 9 or Car Mastery race #15 events, preferably on short tracks such as San Diego Harbor, Alps, and Dubai. Listed below are the top 10 cars to use in terms of event profitability.
|#||Model||Location||Race type||Base payout||Race duration|
|1||McLaren 675LT||Dubai (Rev.)||Car Mastery #15, Unplugged||6,085||~47 seconds|
|2||McLaren F1 XP-5||Dubai (Rev.)||Car Mastery #15, Unplugged||5,805||~46 seconds|
|3||Bentley EXP10 Speed 6||Alps (Rev.)||Car Mastery #15, Unplugged||6,060||~50 seconds|
|4||W Motors Lykan HyperSport||Dubai||Car Mastery #15, Unplugged||5,950||~49 seconds|
|5||SSC Tuatara||The London Eye||Car Mastery #15, Unplugged||5,975||~50 seconds|
|6||BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage||San Diego Harbor||Car Mastery #15, Flawless||5,795||~52 seconds|
|7||Koenigsegg Agera R||Alps (Rev.)||Car Mastery #15, Unplugged||5,975||~54 seconds|
|8||RUF CTR 3||San Diego Harbor||Car Mastery #15, Flawless||5,895||~55 seconds|
|9||Lamborghini Veneno||Alps||Car Mastery #15, Flawless||5,845||~55 seconds|
|10||Sbarro Alcador||San Diego Harbor||Car Mastery #15, Flawless||5,790||~55 seconds|
While racing with boosters (Nitro Starter & Tuning Kit) will reduce the race duration, it is more detrimental than going unboosted as the additional cost for 1 hour of usage will outweigh the increased profit for an overall loss in credit accumulation.
As previously mentioned, completing certain collections in the game will award the player with a credit reward. Listed below are all of the collections with a credit reward.