In October 1976, the first prototype DeLorean (then referred to as the DMC-12) was completed by William T. Collins, chief engineer for the DeLorean Motor Company (having formerly worked with John DeLorean at Pontiac and Chevrolet). - DeLorean Company
The DeLorean DMC-12 (commonly referred to simply as the DeLorean as it was the only model ever produced by the company) is an American sports car manufactured by John DeLorean's DeLorean Motor Company for the American market from 1981–83. The car features gull-wing doors, and an innovative fiberglass chassis and underbody structure, along with a brushed stainless steel body. The car became widely known and iconic for its appearance as the "DeLorean time machine" in the Back to the Future trilogy.
The DeLorean DMC-12 is one of the starter cars in the game along with the Mini Cooper John Cooper Works, Nissan 370Z, Audi RS 3 Sportback, and the Abarth 500 ESSEESSE. The DeLorean DMC-12 is the oldest muscle car in Asphalt 6 and it the oldest car in the game.
The DeLorean DMC-12 is a Tier 1 car, requiring 60 stars to be unlocked. It requires 65000 cash to be bought, and can be lent for 12500 cash. The DeLorean DMC-12 features one of the slowest acceleration in the game, as it is a classic car. It is the only car whose acceleration is slower than 10 seconds, and for this reason, the powerful and efficient nitro cannot negate this. The DMC-12's top speed is also abhorrent; it is actually the slowest in the game. The DMC-12 has average handling, but thanks to its lightweight construction, it handles better than other cars with this set of stats (e.g Shelby GT500). However, the nitro power and efficiency is the strongest point of the DMC-12; The nitro efficiency of the car is actually the second best, only worse than the Tesla Roadster (which costs 380 stars). The nitro power is also the second highest out of every car in Tier 1, also lagging behind the Tesla Roadster, followed by the Shelby GT500. The Shelby GT500 is the oldest car in the game.
|Top Speed||Acceleration||Handling||Nitro Efficiency||Nitro Power||Armor|
|Top Speed||Acceleration||Handling||Nitro Power||Nitro Efficiency||Armor|
The only color the DeLorean DMC-12 has is Palladium Silver.
- Palladium Silver
The DeLorean DMC-12 does not have any color options except for Palladium Silver as well as no decals, due to its stainless steel bodywork. Window Tint colors are usual.
The DeLorean DMC-12 appears as a mid-end Tier 2 car, and is the first boss car the player can encounter, driven by Ricky Chang in the mission 'New Kid in Town. It can then be unlocked with paying 20 golds for the pink slip race with the boss. It has the first and second restriction races in its episode(2), the getaway and stunt race, the latter being a good event for farming cash.
|Maxed||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
Asphalt 7: Heat
- In Asphalt 7: Heat, along with the Dodge Charger SRT8 Police and Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, the DeLorean DMC-12 has a special trophy (Adrenaline Activation) in the game.
- It is one of the reasons Asphalt Overdrive was rated higher than the quality of the game.
- The DeLorean DMC-12 is one of the cars which were made of stainless steel in the entire Asphalt series.
- The DeLorean DMC-12 appears in Back to the Future trilogy, it is a time machine because it goes to the future and to the past.
- The DeLorean DMC-12, the Tesla Model S and the RUF RT 12 S are the only rear-engine, rear wheel drive cars in the Asphalt series.
- The DeLorean DMC-12 upgraded to level 3 in Asphalt 7: Heat is equal to its real-life stats, if not including nitro power and efficiency.