Dubai (Arabic: دبيّ Dubayy) is a race track in the Asphalt series; in real life, it is the largest city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Dubai made its Asphalt debut here.
Dubai was added in the August 2014 Dubai Update. Dubai has four race track variants:
- Dubai – Regular track. Reverse version is called Dubai Reverse. Gate Drift is accessible on Dubai Reverse.
- The Rose of the Desert – A version of the track without ramps and different placements of nitro bottles. Reverse version is called The Mirage.
Dubai is notorious for a sharp turn that allows the player to a quick shortcut. This turn in particular is easier to approach on the reverse versions of the Dubai tracks. It is best to avoid using cars with poor drifting/handling stats, especially the Devel Sixteen Prototype, Audi RS 4 Avant, and Ferrari FF.
The Dubai track depicts many of Dubai's real life landmarks, including Atlantis, the Palm luxury hotel resort, Dubai Marina, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Aladdin Hotel, Burj Khalifa, and Sheikh Zayed Road.
The Dubai tracks are 2.593 mi (4.173 km) long, making them the shortest tracks in the game.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Dubai:
- Volkswagen Beetle Turbo
- Nissan Juke Nismo
- Pininfarina H2 Speed
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupé
- Ferrari F50
- Kepler Motion
- Savage Rivale Roadyacht GTS
- Volkswagen W12
- Mosler GT3
- Aston Martin One-77
- Vanda Electrics Dendrobium
- Lightning LS-218
- GT by CITROEN
- Devel Sixteen Prototype
- Arash AF10
- Apollo Intensa Emozione
- Zeus Twelve Sigma
- Fastest Vehicles By Class
- D: Mazda RX-8
- C: Sbarro Sparta
- B: Mazda RX-8 Special Edition or McLaren MP4/8
- A: McLaren Mercedes MP4-25
- S: 2018 McLaren X2, Apollo Intensa Emozione, or McLaren MP4-31
- Dubai is the second track in the Asphalt series with an underwater tunnel, after Nassau.
- The Rose of the Desert and The Mirage are two additional tracks with no ramps for Flat Spins or Barrel Rolls besides the Monaco track.
- Dubai is the only track which has more than one route choice on the majority of the map.
- There are no variations in time of day on this track, regardless of the selected track variant.
- Dubai has billboards scattered across the city that advertise cars, including the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013, W Motors Lykan HyperSport, and McLaren P1™.
- In real life, Atlantis, The Palm's luxury hotel resort is not located anywhere in close proximity to the Burj Khalifa as it appears in the game, or even on Dubai's mainland for that matter. The resort is actually situated on the apex of its own island which is 16.652 mi (26.798 km) away from the world's current tallest building.
- While the in-game Alps features avalanches as a weather effect that is interactive to the track, the in-game Dubai does not have any active dust storms despite the presence of one that can be seen far off in the distance, especially either via one of the pre-race intros or post-race camera footage.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn • Transylvaniatr|
| g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update
tr - Transylvania Update