Dubai (Arabic: دبيّ Dubayy) is a race track in the Asphalt series; in real life, it is the largest city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Asphalt Urban GT 2
The track having the most twisty curves in the gameplay. Players there need to face a half-hairpin connects to the harbour with a straightaway, then a “M” curve located at the centre straight to another straightaway connects to a hairpin with a shortcut at the factory area. After all, run through another hairpin at the city centre and straight to the finish line after passing a viaduct.
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
The track starts at a straightaway located at the harbour. Then a C curve and a S bend located at the old town area. A short straightaway with a small hairpin seen at the end of the area that lends to a S bend with a mid size curve at the New District area. Cross the finish line after passing through a flatern S bend with a 90 curve on the left.
Asphalt 8: Airborne
Dubai was added in its namesake update and has four race track variants:
- Dubai – Regular track. Reverse version is called Dubai Reverse. Gate Drift is accessible on Dubai Reverse.
- The Rose of the Desert – A version of the track without ramps and different placements of nitro bottles. Reverse version is called The Mirage.
On the regular versions of the track (Dubai & Dubai Reverse), a barrel ramp can be used to jump across the body of water for the fastest route possible. On the alternate versions of the track (The Rose of the Desert & The Mirage), the split path that starts/ends with a sharp corner gives the faster route.
In cases where a vehicle with weak handling has to be used, the longer aquarium route can be used to reach the barrel ramp / shorter route unless the player is skilled in utilizing the drifting mechanics of the game.
Vehicles with excellent handling, drift radius and acceleration are recommended for the track's multiple tight corners and short length.
The Dubai track depicts many of Dubai's real life landmarks, including Atlantis, the Palm luxury hotel resort, Dubai Marina, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Aladdin Hotel, Burj Khalifa, and Sheikh Zayed Road.
The Dubai tracks are 2.593 mi (4.173 km) long, making them the shortest tracks in the game.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Dubai:
- Volkswagen Beetle Turbo
- Nissan Juke Nismo
- Pininfarina H2 Speed
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupé
- Ferrari F50
- Kepler Motion
- Savage Rivale Roadyacht GTS
- Volkswagen W12
- Mosler GT3
- Aston Martin One-77
- Vanda Electrics Dendrobium
- GT by CITROEN
- Lightning LS-218
- Zeus Twelve Sigma
- Apollo Intensa Emozione
- Arash AF10
- Devel Sixteen Prototype
- Fastest Vehicles By Class
- D: Mazda RX-8
- C: Sbarro Sparta
- B: Mazda RX-8 Special Edition or McLaren MP4/8
- A: McLaren Mercedes MP4-25
- S: 2018 McLaren X2, Apollo Intensa Emozione, or McLaren MP4-31
- Dubai is the second track in the Asphalt series with an underwater tunnel, after Nassau.
- The Rose of the Desert and The Mirage are two additional tracks with no ramps for Flat Spins or Barrel Rolls besides the Monaco track.
- Dubai is the only track which has more than one route choice on the majority of the map.
- There are no variations in time of day on this track, regardless of the selected track variant.
- Dubai has billboards scattered across the city that advertise cars, including the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013, W Motors Lykan HyperSport, and McLaren P1™.
- In real life, Atlantis, The Palm's luxury hotel resort is not located anywhere in close proximity to the Burj Khalifa as it appears in the game, or even on Dubai's mainland for that matter. The resort is actually situated on the apex of its own island which is 16.652 mi (26.798 km) away from the world's current tallest building.
- While the in-game Alps features avalanches as a weather effect that is interactive to the track, the in-game Dubai does not have any active dust storms despite the presence of one that can be seen far off in the distance, especially either via one of the pre-race intros or post-race camera footage.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt Urban GT 2|
|Paris • Colombia Airport • Ukraine Deadzone • Cuba • Texas Speedway • Las Vegas • Miami • New York • Hong Kong • Rio de Janeiro • London • Dubai • San Francisco • Tokyo|
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 4: Elite Racing|
|Los Angeles • Paris • Monte Carlo • New York • Shanghai • Dubai • Las Vegas • Rome • St. Petersburg • San Francisco • Mumbai • Hawaii|
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn • Transylvaniah • Orbital Loop6th|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|