The Enduro Update is the v2.5.0 update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, which was released on June 8, 2016 for iOS and Android, and July 4, 2016 for Windows. The Enduro Double Down special event was introduced in this update.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
- Crank up the AC! Asphalt 8’s HOT new update will get you ready for this summer!
- NEW CARS: The Mercedes-AMG GT3, Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7, nanoFlowcell QUANT FE and other sports cars will progressively make their appearance on the starting line. Follow us at Facebook to be the first to know about their release and more!
- ENDURO DOUBLE DOWN: Prove you can withstand till the very end in an ever-changing, tough, daring challenge. Double or nothing is the way to go! Risk your progress in order to win BIG!
- DAILY TASKS: Missing some credits or tokens to buy your dream car?! Complete the daily tasks to stack up rewards!
- R&D Series: Push the Mercedes-AMG C-Coupe Touring Car 2014 to its limits & get a chance to make it yours!
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
The new cars will need the following engine cards:
- i4 Engine
- Nissan Juke Nismo (x4)
- V6 Engine
- V8 Engine
- Electric Engine
- V10 Engine
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 (x4)
- New Event type: Enduro Double Down
- Daily Tasks added. Upon completion, they give small amount of Credits, Tokens, and Pro Boxes as rewards.
- New prices for the following cars:
- The textures for the wheels of the Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV) have been updated to be noticeably more shiny and reflective than in previous versions of the game.
- Starting with this update, it is possible to obtain a free Nitro Starter or Tuning Kit by watching a video ad. This, however, limits the possibility of getting a free Fuel refill for Events. Also, at the end of a race, sometimes, an ad pops up proposing to earn 2 for watching a video.
- Elite Cars in a multiplayer race now benefit from their mapping adjustments.
- The Peugeot SR1, Lamborghini Huracán, and Lamborghini Egoista now allow Tokens for their upgrades.
- The Mosler Super GT's final Ultimate AI Challenge in its R&D event has been updated; the AI's new race time is now 01:01:710.
- In Research & Development, at the countdown of an Ultimate AI Challenge, the text that says "Ultimate AI Challenge" is now rendered in all capital letters.
- The sound that is played upon refilling Proto Keys is no longer used upon using Proto Keys.
- The Peugeot SR1's Research & Development event was revived in this update after the Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014's event (only on iOS and Android).
- All of the engine sounds have been altered. However, the "Cuda V8" and "Camaro V8" engine sounds have erroneously been lowered in volume, the latter especially very difficult to hear on a normal volume setting and with the nitro activated.
- All electric cars, including the Peugeot SR1, now have the same engine sound regardless of whether they are controlled by the player or other racers.
- The Mercedes-Benz Biome now reuses the "Electric" engine sound when it appears as an AI racer.
- Ghost rank bug fixed.
- When restarting the race, the "Start Race" sound effect is also added.
As in the Research & Development Update, some Car Mastery Rewards were reduced or mainly reorganized. The Licenses were redistributed from Challenge 15 to Challenge 3 and Challenge 12.
For instance Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG used to have the following 29 Licenses:
After the update, the total number of Licenses remained the same, however were distributed as follows:
As the following, non-exhaustive, list of cars suggests, the redistribution has been performed on all cars, with a medium number of licenses removed from Challenge 15:
- Honda S2000 from 14 to 9 (5)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X from 12 to 8 (4)
- Alfa Romeo 4C from 15 to 10 (5)
- Mazda RX-8 from 20 to 16 (4)
- Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic from 17 to 13 (4)
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti from 25 to 22 (3)
- Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG from 20 to 16 (4)
- Lamborghini Miura from 17 to 14 (3)
- Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV) from 25 to 20 (5)
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupé from 8 to 5 (3)
- Maserati GranTurismo Sport from 11 to 8 (3)
- Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary from 8 to 4 (4)
- Ferrari Testarossa from 17 to 12 (5)
- Nissan GT-R (R35) from 10 to 6 (4)
- Spada Codatronca TSS from 22 to 19 (3)
- Audi R8 LMS Ultra from 23 to 20 (3)
- Rinspeed zaZen from 22 to 19 (3)
- Maserati MC12 from 20 to 17 (3)
- Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR AMG from 20 to 17 (3)
- Arrinera Hussarya from 23 to 19 (4)
- Ferrari F50 from 25 to 21 (4)
- Peugeot SR1 from 25 to 22 (3)
- Kepler Motion from 27 to 24 (3)
- Ford 2006 GT from 20 to 16 (4)
- Ferrari F430 from 26 to 21 (5)
- Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X from 22 to 18 (4)
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Coupé Final Edition from 26 to 21 (5)
- Ferrari F12berlinetta from 22 to 17 (5)
- Savage Rivale Roadyacht GTS from 25 to 20 (5)
- Lucra L148 from 26 to 22 (4)
- Ferrari FF from 28 to 23 (5)
- Lamborghini Asterion from 25 to 20 (5)
- Mazzanti Evantra from 24 to 20 (4)
- Volkswagen W12 from 25 to 20 (5)
- McLaren 570S from 25 to 20 (5)
- Ferrari 330 P4 from 25 to 22 (3)
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 from 25 to 20 (5)
- Pagani Huayra from 20 to 15 (5)
- Bugatti 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse from 30 to 25 (5)
- Lamborghini Huracán from 35 to 32 (3)
- Koenigsegg Agera R from 30 to 25 (5)
- W Motors Lykan HyperSport from 23 to 18 (5)
- SSC Tuatara from 26 to 21 (5)
- Chrysler ME412 from 27 to 22 (5)
- Peugeot Onyx from 27 to 22 (5)
- SSC Ultimate Aero XT from 30 to 25 (5)
- Hennessey Venom GT from 30 to 25 (5)
- Mosler Super GT from 40 to 35 (5)
For players who have MAXed cars but not PROed completely, it is likely to have lost between 3 and 5 Licences per car. No compensation whatsoever was given after the update.
It would be feasible to perform a scan of the played Challenges and to reward the player with the achieved Licences according to the new distribution map; however, Gameloft did chose not to make this effort.
An explanation for this sort of disruptive behaviour could be cost-revenue analysis of the audience. Potentially the highest economical factor in a game such as Asphalt 8 are not gamers who play often and own nearly all cars, but casual gamers who want to get a fast car quickly and are willing to pay for it.
- Weber Faster One EDD June 8, 2016
- Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014 R&D June 24, 2016
- Peugeot SR1 R&D July 14, 2016
- The app icon recycles the Research & Development Update icon featuring the McLaren P1™ GTR.
- This marks the first time since the first two updates of the game that an app icon for an older version has been completely reused for a new version.
- The Android version uses a new icon (shown here) based on this icon, but with a soccer field as the background.
- The unique background for the Android version is presumably a nod to the 2016 UEFA European Championship which took place in France between June 10, 2016 and July 10, 2016.
- Several Events between June and July 2016 were also held in-game with each reflecting the latest match at the time and matching race settings. (i.e. The July 3 France vs. Iceland cup set on Iceland with a Renault Sport R.S. 01 on loan.)
- This is the first time Asphalt 8: Airborne had an update with a noticeable amount of game content influenced by real world sporting events. This would be repeated in the subsequent Rio de Janeiro Update with inspiration from the 2016 Summer Olympics held in Rio de Janeiro.
- In a similar case with the Decals Update back in March 2015, the Enduro Update's promotional banner doesn't feature new cars. Instead, the promotional banner for the Enduro Update features a Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG and Aston Martin DB9 Coupé, the former last introduced in the Santa's Gift Update back in December 2015.
- In the announcement on the App Store, the Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014 is erroneously referred to as Mercedes-AMG C-Coupe Touring Car 2014.
- In fact, its correct name is Mercedes-Benz C-Coupé DTM (W204).
- The Mercedes-AMG GT3 is the only new car that is available right after the publication of the update (purchasable from the get-go).
- The trailer for this update is the first trailer that features rendered sequences which are not game sequences. The trailer also features a glitch where the base of the ramp has a niveau difference higher than a sidewalk.
Bugs / Glitches
- Invisible bump: Upon landing after a jump, the car jerks up again, as if there has been a bump on the street.
- Barrel Roll Ramp failures: Multiple failures were observed with ramps that allow barrel rolls.
- When taking a ramp at the edge of a structure, meaning behind the ramp is a gap, the car continues straight and falls down into the gap after the ramp.
- When the car happens to drive on the ascending edge of the ramp, it crashes.
- The spinning doesn't initiate smoothly, first the car remains parallel to the ground despite being already on the ramp, and then it starts spinning faster than it normally would.
- Wrong Ultimate AI Emblem: During Ultimate AI Challenges, the Ultimate AI's emblem was different from normal. It was shown as a Phoenix on a blue/yellow shield.
Post Update Info-Screen
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|