|Finish Line Box|
|"Grants 3 random Pro Kit cards. They can be Common, Rare or Legendary!"|
|Last checked||Jun 21, 2019|
|Drop rates|| Common: 46.36 %|
Rare: 22.69 %
Legendary: 30.94 %
|Availability|| Finish line reward|
(2 boxes per day, only for VIP players)
|Period||Jun 20, 2019 – Aug 18, 2019|
|Sample size|| 471 cards (157 boxes)|
Acceptable: Sample size >= 200
The Finish Line Box is a Pro Kit Box in Asphalt 8: Airborne. Introduced with the Fast Lane Update, it is rewarded for finishing highlighted races and has extraordinarily high frequencies of legendary cards and engines.
Until the Showdown Update, it was the only known box to grant V12 MPI and i3 Engine cards, but the update removed these engines from the box. During the update, the box was also made unavailable for non-VIP players.
The Finish Line Box is also known for nearly always displaying wrong official drop rates.
AvailabilityRace modes that reward Finish Line Boxes are marked with a small icon. So far the Finish Line Box has only been granted for finishing multiplayer races. Upon its introduction, the amount of boxes a player could get was 3 per day. After the end of the Spring Fling 3 Multiplayer Season, players only got 1 or 2 boxes instead of 3 which turned out to be dependent on a player's VIP level. The Showdown Update made the box VIP-only:
- Non-VIP: 0 boxes (formerly 1)
- VIP: 2 boxes
The loading screens of races granting Finish line boxes show an additional banner at the top. If a player has got all boxes of a day, a timer is shown. Contrary to the Daily Kit Box, the timer counts down to 0:00 player's local time, so players can get 2 boxes per day no matter if they log in early or late.
- The Finish Line Box has the highest relative frequency of engines (54.35 %) besides engine-only boxes.
- The box does not grant i3, V12 MPI and Hot Wheels Engines.
- Since the Showdown Update, it does not seem to grant Mid-Tech and Advanced Tech any more.
- Showdown Update: Again, after first converging to the changed drop rates of this update, the real statistical outcomes do not tend to stabilize close to the official values, but keep deviating. The drop rates of rare and common cards are wrong.
- 2019 Spring Update: Official drop rates have been changed. Around May 17, 2019 (sample size 243), when the graphs had finally approached the official drop rates after an erratic course, they started to diverge again. This can indicate that either the box content has been changed several times or that it changes somewhat periodically. In any case, the official drop rates were wrong almost all the time. The frequencies did not even tend to approach them.
- Fast Lane Update: The relative frequencies converged to the official drop rates until March 22, 2019 (sample size 250). After this date, common and legendary values started to diverge again, which is a hint that the internal composition has probably been changed without recalculating the drop rates.
|Champion Kit Box||11.61||3.98||4.84||0.75|
|Daily Kit Box||10.00||1.10||6.59||3.41|
|Engine Box 1-5||100.00||11.36||0.00||0.00|
|Finish Line Box||54.35||3.18||0.00||0.00|
|Multiplayer Pro Box||10.91||1.82||0.00||0.00|
|Optimal Shuffle Box||10.80||0.00||1.20||0.00|
|Optimal Split Box||4.40||0.53||0.53||0.07|
|Random Box 1-5||7.27||1.01||0.00||0.08|
|Specialist Kit Box||12.22||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Tech Box 1-5||0.00||0.00||16.09||9.20|
The Finish Line Box has by far the highest relative frequency of engines of all common boxes in the game.
Even though the box has a lower drop rate of common cards than other boxes, its frequency of V8 Engines is considerable.
Former versions of the box used to grant good amounts of Advanced Tech. This has been changed with the Showdown Update. It does not seem to grant neither Mid-Tech nor Advanced Tech now.
The 2019 Spring Update has also changed the box's high drop rate of bike parts to zero (previously 25 to 30 %).
- ↑ Blackbird90 (2019-04-03). Comment. Retrieved on 2019-04-04.
- ↑ Non-VIP Forever! (2019-05-17). Comment. Retrieved on 2019-05-18.
- ↑ Nianasto (2019-08-04). Comment. Retrieved on 2019-08-06.
- ↑ Fabien FromGameloft (2019-03-28).Coming up in the next update of Asphalt 8: Airborne. Gameloft Forums. Retrieved on 2019-04-16. “As a consequence, bike-specific cards will only be available in devoted ProKit boxes, bikes mastery seasons and Moto Blitz career seasons. They won’t be dropping from the usual ProKit boxes.”
| The statistical data on this page is part of WikiProject Statistics.
It contains original research which may be incomplete, incorrect or biased.