|Finish Line Box|
|"Grants 3 random Pro Kit cards. They can be Common, Rare or Legendary!"|
|Drop rates|| Common: 41.31 %|
Rare: 28.26 %
Legendary: 30.43 %
|Availability|| Reoccurring offer
|VIP only: 1+|
|Period||Sep 1, 2019 – May 20, 2020|
|Sample size|| 2,070 trials (690 boxes)|
Excellent: Sample size >= 1,000
|Mean value||1,091 per card|
The Finish Line Box is a Pro Kit Box in Asphalt 8: Airborne. Introduced with the Fast Lane Update, it is rewarded for finishing highlighted races and has extraordinarily high frequencies of legendary cards and engines.
During the Showdown Update, it did not grant i3 and V12 MPI Engine cards as well as Mid-Tech and Advanced Tech, and was made available only for VIP players. Since September 2019 (during the Sixth Anniversary Mini Update), the box grants i3 Engines, V12 MPI Engines, Mid-Tech and Advanced Tech again.
The Finish Line Box is also notorious for nearly always displaying wrong official drop rates.
AvailabilityRace modes that reward Finish Line Boxes are marked with a small icon. So far the Finish Line Box has only been granted for finishing multiplayer races. Upon its introduction, the amount of boxes a player could get was 3 per day. After the end of the Spring Fling 3 Multiplayer Season, players only got 1 or 2 boxes instead of 3 which turned out to be dependent on a player's VIP level. The Showdown Update made the box VIP-only:
|0||0 (formerly 1)|
The loading screens of races granting Finish line boxes show an additional banner at the top. If a player has got all boxes of a day, a timer is shown. Contrary to the Daily Kit Box †, the timer counts down to 0:00 player's local time, so players can get 2 boxes per day no matter if they log in early or late.
- The Finish Line Box has the highest relative frequency of engines (currently 45.07 %) besides engine-only boxes.
- The box does not grant Hot Wheels Engines.
- Showdown Update: Again, after first converging to the changed drop rates of this update, the real statistical outcomes did not tend to stabilize close to the official values, but kept deviating. The drop rates of rare and common cards were wrong. Around August 11 (sample size 450) this must have been noticed, and probably internal changes were made. Nonetheless, even after 747 cards, the frequencies did not match the drop rates (too many common cards, too few rare and legendary cards).
- 2019 Spring Update: Official drop rates have been changed. Around May 17, 2019 (sample size 243), when the graphs had finally approached the official drop rates after an erratic course, they started to diverge again. This can indicate that either the box content has been changed several times or that it changes somewhat periodically. In any case, the official drop rates were wrong almost all the time. The frequencies did not even tend to approach them.
- Fast Lane Update: The relative frequencies converged to the official drop rates until March 22, 2019 (sample size 250). After this date, common and legendary values started to diverge again, which is a hint that the internal composition has probably been changed without recalculating the drop rates.
|Champion Kit Box||12.22||3.89||3.98||0.37|
|Daily Kit Box †||10.00||0.83||7.63||2.37|
|Engine Box 1-5||100.00||10.33||0.00||0.00|
|Extra Fusion Box †||6.40||0.48||0.00||0.00|
|Finish Line Box||45.07||2.13||2.71||1.64|
|Multiplayer Pro Box||9.89||0.65||0.00||0.00|
|Optimal Shuffle Box||8.01||0.39||1.17||0.59|
|Optimal Split Box||3.76||0.32||0.40||0.04|
|Parts Box 1-5||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Random Box 1-5||7.31||1.03||0.06||0.03|
|Specialist Kit Box||9.26||0.37||0.00||0.00|
|Starter Fusion Box †||8.40||0.99||0.00||0.00|
|Tech Box 1-5||0.00||0.00||19.54||9.40|
|Ultra Fusion Box †||8.17||0.00||0.00||0.00|
The Finish Line Box has by far the highest relative frequency of engines of all common boxes in the game.
Even though the box has a lower drop rate of common cards than other boxes, its frequency of V8 Engines is considerable.
The box grants good amounts of Mid-Tech and Advanced Tech.
Due to its high Engine drop rate, the box is not recommended for players searching for Part cards.
| The statistical data on this page is part of WikiProject Statistics.
It contains original research which may be incomplete, incorrect or biased.