- The 2017 Ford GT was one of the ten cars in the 2017 Asphalt 8 Most Wanted Cars, along with the Bugatti Chiron, Aston Martin Valkyrie, DS E-TENSE, Volvo S60 Polestar, Praga R1R, Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Infiniti Project Black S, Tushek TS 600 Strada, and Mazda 787B.
- The 2017 Ford GT made its official video game debut in the 2015 Xbox One racing game Forza Motorsport 6, and is the cover car of that game.
- Similar to the DS 3 Racing, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Bugatti Chiron, Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV, Ferrari 812 Superfast, Honda Civic Type R & Ferrari 308 GTS, the 2017 Ford GT first appeared in a spinoff title before appearing in the mainline series.
- The Ford GT is the only American vehicle to appear as a Class S car.
- The 2017 Ford GT is the first Ford vehicle to have an R&D event.
- It is also the first Ford vehicle to be unlocked by a special event.
- The 2017 Ford GT is also the first winning car from the 2017 Community Car Poll to be added in Asphalt 8.
- The 2017 Ford GT's rear spoiler always stays in the retracted position due to game limitations.
- The 2017 Ford GT is the first Ford vehicle that is not purchasable with or , and not Blueprint-buildable.
- The 2017 Ford GT is the first car that has two shades of black, a metallic and a matte one.
- The 2017 Ford GT is the first Class A car that does not use any Early and Initial Techs in its Pro Kits.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.