The Free to Play Update (v1.1.0) is the first update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, which was released on November 4, 2013 for iOS. This update made the game free to play and added Time-Limited Events, as well as Boosters and control customization. World Series Multiplayer was also added.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
***ASPHALT 8 GOES FREE TO PLAY!***
Thought that was all we had? We're just getting revved up! Check out all this new content:
- NEW CARS:
- Clio R.S. -- Take a spin in this stylish new car!
- New cars will appear at any moment! So have fun and check often!
- NEW LIMITED-TIME CUPS
- Rack up trophies to earn bigger prizes
- Win credits, upgrades & exclusive cars!
- MULTIPLAYER WORLD SERIES
- NEW BOOSTERS
- CONTROL CUSTOMISATION
- Rearrange your touch controls however you want
The new vehicles will need the following engine cards: (note that the Pro Kit system does not exist until the Winter Update)
- Renault CLIO R.S. 200 EDC (x4)
- Lotus Evora Enduro GT (x4)
- Ferrari F430 (x4)
- BMW M6 (x4)
- This update is the first update of the game where the game becomes completely free-to-play.
- World Series game mode added.
- Events added.
- Race boosters added.
- Reverse direction for tracks added.
- Control customization added.
- Players who joined before Free to Play Update would receive one of each booster (Double Credits, Nitro Starter and Tuning Kit).