The Free to Play update is the v1.1.0 update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, which was released on November 4, 2013 for iOS.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
***ASPHALT 8 GOES FREE TO PLAY!***
Thought that was all we had? We're just getting revved up! Check out all this new content:
- NEW CARS:
- Clio R.S. -- Take a spin in this stylish new car!
- New cars will appear at any moment! So have fun and check often!
- NEW LIMITED-TIME CUPS
- Rack up trophies to earn bigger prizes
- Win credits, upgrades & exclusive cars!
- MULTIPLAYER WORLD SERIES
- NEW BOOSTERS
- CONTROL CUSTOMISATION
- Rearrange your touch controls however you want
- Class D
- Class A
- This update is the first update of the game where the game becomes completely free-to-play.
- World Series game mode added.
- Events added.
- Race boosters added.
- Reverse direction for tracks added.
- Control customization added.