The Fuel Events Update, also known as the SSC Tuatara Update, is the fourth update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, released in the summer of 2014. It saw the removal of rental fees for Events in exchange for Fuel, the addition of Collections, and the addition of a new booster.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
Send your Asphalt experience into high gear with this new fuel-injected update!
- NEW CARS!
- Fill your garage with a whole fleet of new beauties!
- COLLECT 'EM ALL!
- Build an impressive collection of speed machines to win awesome rewards!
- NO MORE RENTAL FEE FOR EVENTS!
- Enter our Time-Limited Events using the brand new Fuel system and may the best driver win!
- EXTRA TANK!
- This new booster is designed for new players that want an even playing field with the veteran racers out there!
- Class D
- Class B
- Class A
- 8Ford 2006 GT
- Class S
- All events now require Fuel ( 0 - 10) and no longer allow a car to be rented manually, as all cars are now rented by default (e.g. "Free Try" or "Stock Vehicle").
- Premium Cars introduced. These cars could only be obtained via their IAP car packs, but as of the Decals Update in March 2015, can now be purchased separately with tokens.
- Collections added.
- All cars introduced from this update, including the SSC Tuatara, onwards are significantly more expensive than cars from previous updates, especially in upgrades.
- Extra Tank booster introduced.
- Booster duration reduced for all boosters.
- The McLaren P1™'s price was raised to 475,000 after the introduction of the Ferrari FF.
- The SRT Dodge Challenger SRT8’s price was reduced from 165,000 to 95,000.
- Three new loading screens introduced, with the first featuring the McLaren P1™, the second featuring the W Motors Lykan HyperSport, and the third featuring the Ferrari LaFerrari.
- These loading screens would be used all the way until the Santa's Gift Update in December 2015.
- Acceleration reduction for the Audi RS 4 Avant at Level 2 nitro.
- All lapped races done in Quick Solo Race last one lap, regardless of the track length. The Dubai Update, however, would change the lap count to two except for Iceland, Tokyo, Venice, and Monaco.
- In Chinese language settings, speed units are now written in English except during gameplay. This change would be reverted in the Fifth Anniversary Update.
- New app icon with the SSC Tuatara.
- This is the last update where AI racers are selected based on both starting rank and MAX rank.
- This is also the last update where AI racers can have their rank numbers match your car's rank (or cap at the MAX rank if applicable).
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|
|2019|| Fast Lane Update (v4.1.0) • 2019 Spring Update (v4.2.0) |
2019 Summer Update (v4.3.0)