TRICK OR TREAT
Celebrate this frightful season by participating in our Halloween Festival! Collect special Halloween Coins and exchange them for rewards!
CAR PHYSICS 2.0
Having trouble taming the skittish tempers of the 2018 McLaren X2, Apollo IE, McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, Arash AF10, McLaren MP4-31, Rezvani Beast Alpha, McLaren 650S GT3, Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition, and McLaren P1™ GTR? We've got you covered! The improved car handling and stability physics will make these babies fly!
We're here to support the new iPhones!
Asphalt 8 now delivers an unrivaled experience on the latest iPhones. Enjoy crystal-clear visuals and smoother racing than ever before!
- MV Agusta F4 1000 R (Motorcycle, limited-time offer, price)
The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- Four-Stroke Engine
- MV Agusta F4 1000 R (x20)
- i4 Engine
- Hyundai i30 N (x48)
- V8 Engine
- Ferrari 488 Pista (x52)
- Forced-Induction V8
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series (x24)
- New event: Halloween Festival.
- The car handling model and stability physics model have been modified, with many cars feeling less skittish and skid-prone than before.
- The Blueprints for the McLaren 720S and Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition are now available in Exclusive Deals and Pro Boxes. However, they are extremely rare.
- Car sounds are played slightly differently compared to previous updates.
- When played on the latest iPhone models (e.g. iPhone XR), the game now features smoother gameplay and clearer graphics.
- The Fusion Points for non-common Blueprints have been reduced by a further 33%. Rare Blueprints give 3,000 and Legendary Blueprints give 6,000 fusion points.
- Fusion Point costs have increased for the Starter Box ( 5,000 → 5,500) and Ultra Box ( 22,000 → 22,500).
- The "Old School" collection has been updated to require the Acura NSX 2005 instead of the Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV).
- This collection is the only collection to replace one of the unavailable cars after it was made unavailable for purchase due to licensing-related reasons.
- Vehicle upgrades are fully unlocked upon completing the first test in Research & Development, rather than having being unlocked in stages.
- This does not apply to R&Ds that are released prior to the SLS AMG Black's R&D.
- The number of free tires per day that can be obtained in Championships by watching ads has been increased from 2 to 3.
- The Renault Trezor now requires 20 Electric Engines in its Pro Kits from the original 8 (a 150% increase).
- Several exclusive vehicles were available for a limited time:
- New app icon of the Ferrari 488 Pista. It uses the background of the Elite Cars Update's icon that has the Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS.
- Post-update screens have been redesigned.
- The schedule for Daily Login Bonus no longer requires scrolling if the device used has a sufficiently large screen.
- When the language is set to Simplified Chinese, the font used for displaying the vehicle's name in the Garage is now the same as when the language is set to English.
- Optimal Split Boxes and Optimal Shuffle Boxes are now colored blue instead of green.
- The Facebook connect button has been recolored, now being darker and properly shaded.
- The entry screen for Championships now reads:
- "EXPERIENCE INTENSE CHALLENGES FOR A CHANCE TO EARN: [Vehicle name]".
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé Black Series R&D October 17, 2018
- Lunar 2 Multiplayer Season October 18, 2018
- Hyundai i30 N R&D October 25, 2018
- Halloween Festival October 26, 2018
- Ferrari 488 Pista Championship October 31, 2018
- Apollo Intensa Emozione R&D November 4, 2018
- Asphalt Moments November 8, 2018
- Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package EDD November 13, 2018
- Nightshade 3 Multiplayer Season November 15, 2018
- 2018 McLaren X2 Championship November 22, 2018
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV EDD November 29, 2018
- Rimac Concept S R&D December 5, 2018
Bugs / Glitches
- The following glitches still persist from the 2018 Spring Update:
- Delayed loading (Android)
- Gameplay lag (Android)
- No loading screen when replaying/restarting races (re-enabled again when online, later fixed again)
- No stunt meter on a replayed race when using a motorcycle.
- Aggressive AI when races are restarted.
- The following glitches still persist from the Fifth Anniversary Update:
- Collection notification reset issue: For players who already owned all vehicles (especially including the Acura NSX 2005) in the Old School collection, the yellow "!" notification will remain at the collection button in the garage despite the player dismissing it, in both normal and MAX collections. This icon persists even if the rewards for the collection have been claimed.
- Bugged Daily Tasks: Daily Tasks sometimes fail to trigger when achieved; they still appear as if they weren't completed. This issue persists even though the task is completed multiple times.
- Tapping the refresh button after completing the task should fix the problem.
- San Diego Harbor respawn glitch: For some players, in San Diego Harbor, upon wrecking on the first traffic vehicle on the route in normal direction with traffic, the player would respawn at random locations on the track, making completed lap times shorter (or in rare cases, longer) than normal.
- This may be an allusion to a glitch introduced in the track's eponymous debut update where players who fell into the sea would either be teleported further ahead or finish the race prematurely.
- No Elite performance degradation: The Elite status of the Hyundai i30 N does not apply a performance penalty even with a fully depleted condition bar and red penalty bars being shown on the car's stats.
- Missing Title Bar Name: On Windows, the title bar would not display the name of the game properly, instead displaying "ms-resource:AppName", a placeholder string.
- No VIP Bonus when offline: If the player with a VIP level of at least VIP 3 finished a race while offline, the player would not get any bonus upon completing the race.
- The following glitch(es) have been fixed:
- Pre-rendered graphics on Android
- Bugged leaderboard in McLaren Championships
- Erratic MV Agusta F4 1000 R rider
- This update has the following firsts:
- The first since the Porsche Update to add an Elite Vehicle, over 1 year and 4 months earlier.
- The first since the Lunar New Year 2017 Update 1 year and 8 months back to add a new vehicle that is only available as part of a time-limited offer for tokens (the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition did become unlockable via Blueprints later, though).
- The first Asphalt appearance of Hyundai since Asphalt 7: Heat back in 2012.
- The first with no new Class A vehicles.
- The Black Friday Cup held in November 2018 being the first Multiplayer Time-Limited Event to feature up to 12 players in one session.
- Excluding vehicles that were delayed from previous updates (e.g. Hyundai i30 N, MV Agusta F4 1000 R, and Ducati XDiavel S), this update has the fewest new vehicles released, with only two new vehicles.
- This update holds the distinction for being the first update with a greater percentage of relaunched Special Events over new Special Events (73% / 27%). The Holiday Update would later hold this distinction, but with 64% / 36%.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|