The Hot Wheels Update, also known as the 2018 Winter Update, is the 24th update for Asphalt 8: Airborne. It adds Hot Wheels vehicles to the game. The update was first shown on Gameloft's YouTube channel with a livestream on December 6, 2017. The update was launched on December 13, 2017 on all platforms.
FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI CHRISTMAS CUP!
'Tis the season to enjoy racing gifts! Participate in the CHRISTMAS CUP (December 21-27) EVERY DAY to obtain a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti!
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Hot Wheels Twin Mill™ (Championship)
- Class A
- Class S
- Pagani Huayra BC (R&D, BP)
- The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- Hot Wheels Engine
- Hot Wheels Rip Rod™ (x12)
- Hot Wheels Bone Shaker™ (x16)
- Hot Wheels Twin Mill™ (x20)
- Electric Engine
- Renault Trezor (x8)
- Forced Four-Stroke Engine
- BMW S 1000 RR (x8)
- V12 Engine
- Pagani Huayra BC (x28)
- New engine type: Hot Wheels Engine (Rare rarity).
- The card is based on the Serial Racing Engine's design but with the Hot Wheels logo in place of a checkered flag.
- The Scion FR-S's Season 4 Gate Drift is now replaced by the Porsche 718 Boxster S.
- The same car also replaced the FR-S in the Classic event in Season 9 of Career mode set in Dubai Reverse.
- With the Asphalt Moments Update, the duplicate Season 9 race for the Porsche 718 Boxster S, set in Dubai Reverse, has been removed.
- Its Mastery challenges, however, remain for those who have owned it.
- The same car also replaced the FR-S in the Classic event in Season 9 of Career mode set in Dubai Reverse.
- The Motorcycle stunt camera can now be toggled on/off in the options menu
- The Fusion System no longer forces the player to claim a fusion box; cards can be indefinitely fused
- The maximum fusion points that can be reached without claiming a box is now 1,000,000 points (worth approximately 200 Starter Boxes, 80 Extra Boxes, or 45 Ultra Boxes)
- The game now runs at 60 FPS on the iPhone X.
- Multiplayer Levels have been extended to Level 99.
- Munich Subway tracks are now available in Exclusive Metal Events
- The CPU car choices in Time-limited Events have been changed.
- Restoration time for R&D Proto Keys is reverted back to three hours.
- One color (red/blue rider overalls) was removed from Kawasaki Z800.
- The following cars were credits-purchasable between December 27, 2017 and December 30, 2017:
- New vehicle prices for iOS & Android on January 19, 2018: [note 1]
|Model||Original Price(s)||New Price(s)|
|Renault DeZir|| 26,000|
|BMW M3 Sedan||1,300||1,200|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X||1,825||1,425|
|Mazda RX-8||2,100||325,000 or 1,850|
|Donkervoort D8 GTO||2,400||2,375|
|Buick Avista Concept||2,400||425,000 or 2,400|
|Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic||1,100 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||525|
|Acura NSX 2005||100,000||90,000 or 750|
|SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8||1,300 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,100|
|Jaguar F-Type R||1,625||1,425|
|Volkswagen Golf Design Vision GTI||2,300||2,275|
|Mitsubishi Eclipse||2,400||395,000 or 2,300|
|Lotus Evora Enduro GT||630 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||625|
|Bentley Continental GT V8||1,100 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||750|
|Aston Martin V12 Zagato||75,000||950|
|Mazda Furai||1,625 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,250|
|Ferrari 458 Italia||1,825 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,475|
|Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013||2,200 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,625|
|Audi R8 LMS Ultra||2,400 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,950|
|Spada Codatronca TSS||230,000 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||235,000|
|Ford Shelby GT500||2,000 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||2,150|
|Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR AMG||375,000||210,000|
|Chevrolet SS||400,000 or 3,500||425,000 or ?|
|TVR Sagaris||1,500,000 or 6,500||930,000 or ?|
|Lamborghini Estoque||6,600 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||4,175|
|Ferrari GTC4Lusso||3,400|| 1,000,000 or 6,425|
765,000 or 4,325
|Mercedes-AMG GT3|| 1,000,000 or 6,425|
|2010 Bentley Continental Supersports||1,100,000 or 6,525||975,000 or 4,925|
|Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car|| 72,000 (accounts made before November 13, 2017)|
720 (accounts made after November 13, 2017)
|Ferrari F430||720 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||950|
|Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Coupé Final Edition||1,300||110,000|
|McLaren 12C Spider||100,000||1,100|
|Lamborghini Sesto Elemento||1,625 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,350|
|Ferrari LaFerrari||2,925 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||235,000 or 1,975|
|McLaren P1™||3,000 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||2,100|
|Mazzanti Evantra||350,000 or ?||250,000 or ?|
|Savage Rivale GTR||3,500 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||2,950|
|Nissan GT-R NISMO||450,000||375,000|
|Volkswagen W12||550,000 or ?||475,000 or 3,450|
|Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4||5,000 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||4,750|
|McLaren 675LT||6,500 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||4,850|
|Mosler GT3||6,700 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||985,000 or 5,325|
|Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS||7,000||5,750|
|Jaguar XJ220S||7,600||1,275,000 or 5,975|
|Pagani Huayra||1,300 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,275|
|NanoFlowcell QUANT FE||900,000 or 4,800||950,000|
|Chrysler ME412||1,100,000 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||1,250,000|
|SSC Ultimate Aero XT||6,750||6,475|
|HTT Pléthore LC 750||8,900 (for accounts made after November 13, 2017)||8,975|
|Renault Sport R.S. 01||1,950,000 or 9,900||1,950,000 or 9,925|
|Mosler Land Shark||2,250,000 or 17,825||2,250,000 or 10,975|
|TRION NEMESIS||4,000,000 or 14,000||3,275,000 or 13,975|
|Devel Sixteen Prototype||14,500||4,950,000 or 14,500|
- Tilt Jumps and Barrel Rolls in One Jump now appear as sub-goals. They are introduced for the BMW S 1000 RR's Research & Development event (Lab .002., Test .017.) and Hot Wheels Twin Mill™'s Championship event (Rio de Janeiro, Qualifier 3, as third sub-goal), respectively.
- New app icon of a Hot Wheels Twin Mill™.
- The color of the Ferrari F50 on its Blueprint card has been changed to Ferrari red from the original Turquoise blue
- The advertisement for the Starlight Multiplayer season also has the new color.
- Exclusive Deals now has the captions "Cards to assemble now", "Complete Vehicle", and "Great Deal!".
- Munich Subway's arrow signs now have increased visibility.
- Munich Subway's trains are now in a blue & white color.
- Sector 8 has been cosmetically redesigned to resemble a Hot Wheels track.
- This change only applies to the Hot Wheels Championships.
- Alps, Iceland, and Tokyo are decorated with Christmas gifts (which count towards City Havoc) and other festive decorations until January 12th, 2018.
- The engine sound for the KTM 1290 Super Duke R is now reduced in volume.
- Close button of pop-up ads promoting in-game items are now smaller.
- The Back (<) button at top-left corner (when present) is also reduced in size.
- Hot Wheels Rip Rod™ Championship December 14th, 2017
- Pagani Huayra BC R&D December 21st, 2017
- Hot Wheels Bone Shaker™ Championship December 28th, 2017
- BMW S 1000 RR R&D January 6th, 2018
- Hot Wheels Twin Mill™ Championship January 11th, 2018
- Winter Wonder 2 Multiplayer Season January 18th, 2018
- BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage R&D January 19th, 2018
- Renault Trezor Championship January 25th, 2018
Bugs / Glitches
- No Blueprints from 14 Day Login Giveaway: Numerous players have reported that they have not received Blueprint boxes from the 14 day BMW M2 giveaway.
- A possible solution is to wait at the main menu for the game to synchronize with the server
- 60 FPS time advantage: For iPhone X users, the increased frame rate means that faster lap times can be achieved even if there are no changes in the player's driving style. This was fixed in an update on December 18, 2017.
- Free McLaren P1™ GTR: For a few minutes on December 27, 2017, many players were able to purchase a McLaren P1™ GTR for 0 shortly after the start of its limited-time discount period (December 27-30, 2017); players who did not encounter this bug saw a discounted price of 2,400,000. The discounted price for the P1™ GTR was thereafter corrected to 2,700,000 for all players.
- Motorcycles knockdown glitch: Should the player knock down a motorcycle AI with a bike on the rear wheel without the nitro triggered, the knockdown counter keeps increasing for a period of time. This glitch was fixed in the Fall Out Boy Update.
The following bugs/glitches have been fixed:
- No "Synchronizing Data / Synchronization Complete" in R&D
- Card Box Glitch-Some players may receive card boxes they did or did not purchase. This occurred when purchasing an upgrade with Tokens, then restarting Asphalt 8. It is unknown why this glitch worked.
- Game crashes on Android
- This update marks the firsts of the following:
- The first since the Porsche Update not to show the entire lineup of new special events on the post-update screens.
- The first since the Car Blueprints Update to add vehicles whose special events do not give blueprints for building them. In this case, Hot Wheels cars & Renault Trezor are awarded only after completing all Grand Finale races of their Championships.
- This update marks the final update of 2017.
- Players reported obtaining Blueprints for the Yamaha FZ-10 and BMW M2 Special Edition. As these were not announced by Gameloft, it is likely both were still undergoing testing and meant for a future update.
- These were eventually revealed to be for the Fall Out Boy Update.
- None of the Hot Wheels cars have Car Mastery events available. See Asphalt 8: Airborne/Licensing Issues for more information.
- ↑ This is not an exhaustive list and the prices can vary from what is listed. Not all devices received the price changes, though.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|
|2019|| Fast Lane Update (v4.1.0) • 2019 Spring Update (v4.2.0) |
2019 Summer Update (v4.3.0)