The Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0), also known as the Patagonia Update, is the nineteenth update of Asphalt 8: Airborne. It was released on January 25, 2017 for iOS and Android and January 26, 2017 for Windows and celebrated Chinese New Year 2017, the Year of the Fire Rooster. Patagonia, a new track, was also added.
Make 2017 the Year of Speed with these high-performance surprises!
Weave your way in and around the mighty mountains of Patagonia! Discover 4 routes and an avalanche of shortcuts & events to master!
Look out for each spectacular speedster’s special event in the coming weeks and kick off the Lunar New Year with the limited-time Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition!
AVENTADOR SV DOUBLE DOWN:
Put it all on the line in a new Enduro Double Down! Only the most skilled and fearless drivers will earn the right to claim the prestigious Lamborghini Aventador SV as their own.
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
The new cars will need the following Engine Cards:
- V6 Engine
- Renault Alpine Celebration]] (x12)
- V8 Engine
- 1967 Chevrolet Impala]] (x4)
- Buick Avista Concept]] (x8)
- Serial Racing Engine
- McLaren MP4/8]] (x48)
- Forced-Induction V8
- Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition(x12)
- V12 Engine
- Lamborghini Aventador SV (x24)
- New location added: Patagonia.
- Additional rewards for watching ads. The Lamborghini Asterion is promoted as a possible reward. It is no longer available for purchase because of this.
- Notifications for secondary objectives in career have been revamped. At the beginning of the race, the secondary objectives, which are not yet fulfilled, are displayed with an status icon.
- Current objectives are marked with an exclamation mark ("!") and displayed in yellow. Failed objectives (e.g. No Wrecks or race times) are marked with an X and displayed in red, and passed objectives are marked with a check and displayed in green.
- In Research & Development, the player's progress is displayed (obtained Quality Checks out of total needed Quality Checks to fully clear the test), as well as notifications for secondary objectives.
- The test progress is also updated in real time for time-based objectives to show how much time is left. This applies to all races that require a race time to beat. Next to the target race time is an exclamation circle.
- During the race, the advancement is displayed as follows:
- All in-gameplay UI text denoting bonus stars and secondary objectives are now spaced further apart.
- The BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage's banner has been adjusted to have the car appear larger.
- The V6 engine sound has been amplified.
- The 1967 Chevrolet Impala's performance stats have been considerably downgraded, marking the first time since the Lamborghini Veneno that a car's stats have been reduced. The Impala has also been relocated to Class D, marking the first time a car has had its class changed.
- In Enduro Double Down, all invitations now always start as safe (no bonus), which means that should the player finishes the Final Ace Race then the player goes back to Tier 1 (until the Ace Race of Tier 1) to get the final reward.
- All Chinese New Year 2016 decals introduced in the Lunar New Year Update have been made unpurchasable outside of the 2017 Carnival sale.
- The BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage's R&D event was revived in this update after the McLaren MP4/8's Championship, restarting the trend of reviving past R&D events, as the Championship Update instead revived the Aston Martin One-77's EDD event.
- The Weber Faster One's Enduro Double Down event was revived in this update after the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage's R&D event, continuing the trend of reviving past EDD events.
- The Weber Faster One's EDD has been changed so that the EDD boxes earned in that event now give out V10 Engine cards since the Faster One no longer uses V8 Engine cards, but instead V10 Engine cards as of the Rio de Janeiro Update.
- The following cars are now purchasable only for a limited time: (on some platforms)
- February 19, 2017 - February 25, 2017"
- February 26, 2017 - March 4, 2017"
- The Chinese New Year theme is revived for the Renault Alpine Celebration's R&D event.
- The Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV originally appeared in Asphalt Streetstorm. It is the first addition of a Lamborghini car in Asphalt 8: Airborne since the Lamborghini Miura back in early 2016's Elite Cars Update.
- This is the first time that a Renault car is added in Q1 of any year (January - March) instead of Q4 (October - December).
- The release of the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is the first time the game includes a car modified with aftermarket customizations as a rehashed version of an already-existing car in the game rather than an in-house high-performance version.
- It is also the only car to feature a unique "2017" number plate.
- This update once again reuses the Research & Development Update icon for the fourth time featuring the McLaren P1™ GTR.
- This update also marks as the first and only update to release only one car (in this case, the Buick Avista) via conventional events (not counting the SLK 55 SE due to that car being a time-limited car). The next update and any subsequent updates will continue the trend of releasing only 2 cars via conventional events (which was started by the Rio de Janeiro Update).
- This update is the first update to revive a past R&D event and a past EDD event.
Bugs / Glitches
- Abnormally Slow Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition Acceleration: For some reason, the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition's acceleration was bugged up to the point where it took more than 10 seconds to reach its maximum speed. This bug has been fixed as of the Car Blueprints Update.
- Non-stop background noise: Racing on a Patagonia track may make its ambient sound effects play outside of the race. The only solutions are to reboot the game or race on another track. This bug was fixed in the Car Blueprints Update.
- No Temple Drive: Attempting to play Temple Drive will instead bring up the Buddha's Teachings track. However, Temple Drive's pre-race cinematics and countdown camera angles will still show.
- If selected via Gate Drift, no gates show up at all. As such, one should not choose any challenge in EDD that has an option to choose Gate Drift in Temple Drive, as doing so will result in the loss of a whole streak. In the case of R&D, it is highly recommended to skip the test altogether.
- This bug was fixed in the Car Blueprints Update.
- Wrong R&D Car Reward: The Renault Alpine Celebration's R&D reportedly became bugged on Test 050, which may give out an Aston Martin Vulcan instead.
- R&D Reboot: For some reason, players doing the Renault Alpine Celebration's R&D event may be placed back at Test .001. (the beginning of the event).
- Missing/Non-stop Sounds: Sometimes, during a Championship, if the player chooses to redo a race right after finishing it, many of the sound effects will not play. At other times, if the player restarts a Time Attack race while having the nitro activated, the sound effects played when the nitro is active will still persist.
- Persistent Timer Size: Sometimes, during a Championship, if the player restarts a Time Attack as soon as the timer is about to hit 0, the timer may stay the same size (either larger or smaller than normal) when the race is loaded.
- Non-stop Out of Bounds: After a race in The River Fort, the AI will often cause the player's car to repeatedly go out of bounds. This bug was fixed in the Car Blueprints Update.
The following bugs and glitches have been fixed:
- The Tuning Kit glitch for the McLaren M14A and McLaren Mercedes MP4-25
- The "Cars Rolling Down": the slope steepness required for standing cars to roll down has been increased.
- Strangely, this bug is still seen in Multiplayer Events and races, albeit now on tracks without a steep incline (e.g. Dubai and San Diego Harbor). This, however, occurs only on opponent cars and the starting positions are still the same.
- Ice Cave and Crystal Lake correctly feature this due to the race starting at a very steep upward slope for both tracks. Grand Finale races set in any track with a starting line set at a steep incline still also feature this.
- The "Impossible Required Rank" for the McLaren Mercedes MP4-25
- London teleportation glitch
- However, this glitch now works on the reverse track, Westminster Bridge.
- The statue exploit on Great Wall Rev./Wall Ascent has been made much more difficult with an additional stone mound blocking the rock face that the exploit uses.
- While a workaround by drifting hard to the left right after the statue was still feasible, this was fixed in the Porsche Update with 2 more stone mounds now placed on the opposite path.
- Bugged / unresponsive on-screen buttons
- Infinite Multiplayer League Tickets
Post-Update Info Screen
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOLQTX8rgk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2hXQ_z9rM
- ↑ http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4967035181
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|
|2019|| Fast Lane Update (v4.1.0) • 2019 Spring Update (v4.2.0) |
2019 Summer Update (v4.3.0)