The Lunar New Year Update is the thirteenth update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, which was released on February 4, 2016 for iOS, Windows, and Android (on the same day).
The following text was published on the Apple App Store:
- We're celebrating the Year of the Monkey in Asphalt 8! So let's start the year firing on all cylinders!
- Asian-Inspired R&D Event: Compete in this completely redesigned R&D Event to win the unique ED Design Torq!
- New Cars: The Alfa Romeo 4C, Lamborghini Estoque & other super cars will be progressively revealed. Keep an eye on our Time-Limited Events to be the first one driving them!
- Area 51 Events: Crack open the mysteries of this secret base in exclusive events. The sky's not the limit; it's just the beginning!
- Chinese New Year Decals: Customize your favorite cars with decals full of awesome Asian designs.
- Class D
- Class C
- Lamborghini Miura - Returning car from Asphalt Urban GT 2
- NOTE: This car was postponed to the next update and also as a token car.
- ED Design Torq (R&D)
- Class B
- Rinspeed zaZen
- Holden Coupe 60 (Token car)
- Lamborghini Estoque - Returning car from Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
- Class A
The new cars will need the following Engine Cards:
- i4 Engine
- V8 Engine
- Electric Engine
- ED Design Torq (x8)
- V10 Engine
- Lamborghini Estoque (x4)
- V12 Engine
- Lamborghini Miura (x4)
- i6 Engine
- Rinspeed zaZen (x4)
- New Career Mode events added to Tag Season (an event involving the McLaren 570S), Season 1, and Season 2.
- Research & Development overview screen revamped again. See above image for more information.
- All Chinese New Year 2015 decals introduced in the Tenerife Update have been removed except for three decals on the Lamborghini Veneno. Since then, Chinese New Year 2015 decals are obtainable only through Events or illegitimate means, such as hacking.
- As of the Rio de Janeiro Update, it is now possible to obtain Chinese New Year 2015 decals as Daily Login Bonus rewards (for VIP Level 8+ users only).
- If you purchased any Chinese New Year 2015 decal before this update, you will still have those decals like normal.
- The CNY 2015 decals have been altered, with "2016" replacing "2015".
- New Chinese New Year 2016 decals have been introduced for the following cars:
- Decals added for Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV).
- The ED Design Torq's Research & Development event had a special Chinese New Year graphics theme for this update only. The theme was expanded to the R&D Pro Kit Boxes for the car as well.
- The Lamborghini Huracán's Research & Development event was revived after the Alfa Romeo 4C's event, making this update the first update to revive a past R&D event.
Car Price Changes
On February 16, 2016, some car prices were reportedly reduced. The following data is taken from iOS. On Windows and Android, these price changes didn't take place.
- Class C
- Class B
- Ferrari F40 from 575,000 to 395,000
- Rimac Concept One from 750,000 to 650,000
- Ferrari F50 from 875,000 to 750,000
- Class A
- Lucra L148 from 400,000 to 275,000
- Ferrari FF from 450,000 to 400,000
- Savage Rivale GTR from 750,000 to 700,000
- Volkswagen W12 from 825,000 to 750,000
- Class S
- Ferrari Enzo Ferrari from 3,500,000 to 3,250,000
These price changes have since been reverted.
- ED Design Torq R&D February 4, 2016
- Alfa Romeo 4C R&D February 25, 2016
- Lamborghini Huracán R&D March 9, 2016
- This update was released while the TRION NEMESIS cups were still running. However, this update did not introduce any new Class S cars, so the incentive to get a TRION NEMESIS was still intact.
- The Lunar New Year Update celebrated 2016, the Year of the Monkey, evident in the new decals for the cars mentioned.
- The icon for the Lunar New Year Update, which features the Lamborghini Egoista, is reused from the Santa's Gift Update, but with a red-colored background.
- This background would later be reused in the icon for the Elite Cars Update featuring the Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS.
Post Update Info-Screen
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|