The Maserati GranTurismo Sport is a car produced by Italian automaker Maserati that appears in the Asphalt series. It is a sporty variant of the Maserati GranTurismo. It tends to rival to the Bentley Continental GT V8 and the Aston Martin DB9 Coupé.
Replacing both the GranTurismo S and GranTurismo S Automatica, the GranTurismo Sport was unveiled in March 2012 at the Geneva Motor Show. The revised 4.7L engine is rated 460 PS (338 kW; 454 hp). The Sport features a unique, MC Stradale inspired front fascia, new headlights and new, sportier steering wheel and seats. The ZF six-speed automatic gearbox is now standard, while the six-speed sequential transaxle is available as an option. The latter has steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, a feature that's optional with the automatic gearbox.
The Maserati GranTurismo Sport and Maserati MC12 are (currently) the only Maserati vehicles in the game, both of them being Class B vehicles. The GranTurismo Sport has a starting rank of 1205, a maximum rank of 1381, and a final rank of 1438.
The Maserati GranTurismo Sport's acceleration is rather sluggish, slower than that of the Aston Martin DB9 Coupé. Similar to the DB9, the GranTurismo Sport is tailored specifically for top speed, which makes it a good choice on straight line-focused tracks like Iceland. However, like with the DB9, the GranTurismo Sport is rather heavy, which degrades its handling capabilities. Its rear-wheel-drive layout degrades it even further. The GranTurismo Sport features better nitro than the DB9, but is still far from the best.
The Maserati GranTurismo Sport qualifies for the following events in Career mode:
- Race 15 of Season 4 — the Maserati GranTurismo Sport's own event, a Gate Drift event set in Iceland. This event is rather difficult, owing to the car's low handling stat.
- Race 5 of Season 5 — a two-lap Versus event set in Tokyo Reverse, facing off against the Bentley Continental GT V8. It is a worse choice considering its low nitro efficiency against the Continental GT V8..
- Race 24 of Season 9 — a single-lap Classic event set in Barcelona Reverse. This event requires a maxed out Maserati GranTurismo Sport in order to participate.
|Upgrade Level||Acceleration||Top Speed||Infected Top Speed||Handling||Nitro||Rank||Price|
|Initial Values||4.70 s||186.4 mph (300.1 km/h)||221 mph (355 km/h)||1.180 Gs||12.4 mph (20.0 km/h)||1205||25,000|
|MAX||3.45 s||203.2 mph (327.2 km/h)||244 mph (393 km/h)||1.230 Gs||18.6 mph (30.0 km/h)||1381||265,900|
|MAX + PRO||?.?? s||???.? mph (???.? km/h)||??? mph (??? km/h)||?.??? Gs||??.? mph (??.? km/h)||1438||302,040|
|MAX + PRO + Tuning Kit||?.?? s||???.? mph (???.? km/h)||??? mph (??? km/h)||?.??? Gs||??.? mph (??.? km/h)||1479 (+41)||Varies|
Click on [Expand] to discover the complete price list.
Pro Kit Formulas
- Required Cards
- Tires - B (×3)
- Suspension - B (×3)
- Drivetrain - B (×3)
- Exhaust - B (×3)
- Early Tech (×4)
- Initial Tech (×4)
- Italian Stallions (also depicted in artwork, alongside Ferrari 599XX and Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione)
- GT Club
- The Maserati GranTurismo Sport shares its in-game engine sound with the RUF RT 12 S.
- The Maserati GranTurismo Sport in real life appears primarily as a coupe and a convertible with 2+2 seats, it is an true Italian grand tourer.