The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition (abbreviated as RX-8 SE) is a fictional modified sports car featured in Asphalt 8: Airborne as a Special Edition car.
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition has the following modifications:
- Custom body kit (similar to Rocket Bunny wide body kits)
- Custom hood with air scoop
- Ducktail and trunk-mounted spoilers
- Aftermarket rims (similar to Enkei/Rays rims)
- Center black stripe decal with carbon fiber pattern
- Upgraded 1.3 L 2-rotor Wankel engine.
Stylized as the Mazda RX8 Special Edition, it was added in the Asphalt Moments Update as a high Class B car with the following statistics:
- Starting rank: 901
- MAX rank: 1442 (+541)
- This was changed to 1404 (+380) in the Fast Lane Update.
- This was changed to 1425 (+351) in the 2019 Spring Update.
- MAX+PRO rank: 1689 (+247)
- This was changed to 1671 (+246) in the Fast Lane Update
- Tuning Kit bonus: +75
- This was changed to +102 in the Fast Lane Update
- Stock-to-MAX+PRO rank difference: 788
- This was changed to 647 in the Fast Lane Update
- Upgrade rank percentages: 5/70/5/20
- Nitro Efficiency: 7/13/17
The Mazda RX-8 SE can reach a max real speed of 291.7 mph (469.8 km/h) at MAX+PRO with a Tuning Kit in 2.1 seconds. This makes the RX-8 SE faster than the BMW M2 Special Edition, Ferrari GTC4Lusso, Holden Coupe 60, and McLaren MP4/8. Performance-wise, the RX-8 SE is largely similar to its Class D counterpart except without the Elite Vehicle status and a slight improvement in overall nitro efficiency. As such, it is generally considered to be the best-performing vehicle in Class B overall, ahead of the BMW i8 Coupe, although the latter has a slightly higher total speed and substantially better nitro efficiency.
The Mazda RX-8 SE's primary use is in TLEs at MAX+PRO. However, the BMW M2 SE may remain as the most viable choice for B Class-only events due to the RX-8 SE's restrictive availability, high upgrade costs that also include -only upgrades, and 32 legendary Rotary Engines necessary for Pro Kits (4 more than the required amount for the Mazda Furai, the previous fastest Mazda).
The Mazda RX-8 SE is less suitable for Multiplayer than most of the other Special Edition cars due to its upgrade rank percentages (5/70/5/20) being heavily biased towards top speed, although it is still useful for players in lower Leagues due to its decent speed at various ranks.
Several useful non-MAX PRO Multiplayer tunings include:
- 1501 4050 (Rank 1454): Speed= 441.4 km/h
- 0500 5050 (Rank 1465): Speed= 448.1 km/h
- 0502 5050 (Rank 1492): Speed= 452.1 km/h
- 0502 5055 (Rank 1523): Speed= 456.2 km/h
- 0504 5050 (Rank 1541): Speed= 458.4 km/h
- 0504 5055 (Rank 1572): Speed= 462.5 km/h
- 0505 5050 (Rank 1573): Speed= 461.5 km/h
- 0504 5555 (Rank 1602): Speed= 466.6 km/h
- 0505 5055 (Rank 1604): Speed= 465.6 km/h
- 0505 5555 (Rank 1635): Speed= 469.8 km/h
Although pro kits are more efficient than max upgrades (i.e. 0504 5055 [Rank 1572] is 0.6 mph [1.0 km/h] faster than 0505 5050 [Rank 1573]), it is unlikely the player will have enough Rotary Engines to tune the car in this way. Therefore, 0505 5050 Rank 1573 will be the most viable tune for the majority of players.
The Mazda RX-8 SE was obtainable only from its R&D event. As of the 2020 Halloween Update, the RX-8 SE can be purchased for 1,610,000.
The car was on sale during the following dates:
- January 31 - February 2019: 9,000
- March 20 - 30, 2020: 7,500
- April 22 - 26, 2020: 7,500
- June 5 - 8, 2020: 8,150 (VIP only)
The 2019 Spring Update updated the upgrade cost to 2,400,000 while Pro Kits require 800,000, 42 of each Class B Part, 30 Early & Initial Techs each, 52 Mid-Techs, and 72 Rotary Engines.
Research & Development
- Main article: Research & Development/Mazda RX-8 Special Edition
The Mazda RX-8 SE's Research and Development event was first launched on July 19, 2018. Players are given 4 days to start and 9 days to complete it.
|Research & Development|
|Events||Lamborghini Huracán • Lamborghini Egoista • Peugeot SR1 • ED Design Torq|
Alfa Romeo 4C (September 2016) • BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage • Mosler Super GT • Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014 • W Motors Fenyr Supersport • GT by CITROEN • Arash AF10 • Renault Alpine Celebration • Lotus Evora Sport 410 • Porsche 911 GT3 RS • KTM 1290 Super Duke R • Ducati SuperSport S • Peugeot RCZ R • Suzuki Hayabusa • McLaren 650S GT3 • Pagani Huayra BC • BMW S 1000 RR • Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition • Yamaha YZF-R6 • Apollo Intensa Emozione • Rimac Concept S • Mazda RX-8 Special Edition • Zenvo TS1 GT 10th Anniversary Edition • Maserati Alfieri • Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé Black Series • Hyundai i30 N • Lamborghini Centenario • Infiniti Vision GT • Nissan 370Z Special Edition • Ducati XDiavel S • TVR Sagaris Special Edition • BMW i8 Coupe • Zeus Twelve Sigma • Ferrari F60 America • Rezvani Beast X • Pininfarina H2 Speed • McLaren 600LT • Aston Martin Vantage 2018 • Ford GT 2017 • Koenigsegg Regera • Infiniti Project Black S • Pontiac Solstice GXP • Rimac C Two • Acura NSX GT3 Evo • Lamborghini Aventador SVJ • Aston Martin DBS Superleggera • Ferrari 812 Superfast •
|6 • Furai • RX-7 Type RS • RX-8 • RX-8 Special Edition|