The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition (abbreviated as RX8 SE) is a fictional modified sports car featured in Asphalt 8: Airborne as a Special Edition car.
Similar to the BMW M2 Special Edition, the Mazda RX-8 Special Edition has racing based visual customization:
- Custom bumpers & side skirts (similar to Rocket Bunny widebody kits)
- Hood scoop
- Two-layered spoiler
- Flared wheel-arches
- Aftermarket rims (similar to Enkei rims)
- Centre black stripe decal
- Upgraded 2-rotor wankel engine.
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition was added in the Asphalt Moments Update as a high-end Class B car with the following statistics:
- Starting rank: 901
- MAX rank: 1442 (+541)
- MAX+PRO rank: 1689 (+247)
- Tuning Kit bonus: +75
- Stock-to-MAX+PRO rank difference: 788
- Upgrade rank percentages: 5/70/5/20
- Nitro Efficiency: 7/13/17
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition can reach a max real speed of 291.7 mph (469.8 km/h) at MAX+PRO with a Tuning Kit in 2.1 seconds. This makes the RX8 SE faster than the BMW M2 Special Edition, Ferrari GTC4Lusso, Holden Coupe 60, and McLaren MP4/8. Performance-wise, the RX8 SE is largely similar to its Class D counterpart except without the Elite Vehicle status and a slight improvement in overall nitro efficiency. As such, it is generally considered to be the best-performing vehicle in Class B overall.
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition's primary use is in TLEs at MAX+PRO. However, the BMW M2 Special Edition may remain as the most viable choice for B Class-only events due to the RX8 SE's restrictive availability, high upgrade costs that also include -only upgrades, and 32 legendary Rotary Engines necessary for Pro Kits (4 more than the required amount for the Mazda Furai, the previous fastest Mazda).
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition is less suitable for Multiplayer than the other Special Edition cars due to its upgrade rank percentages (5/70/5/20) being heavily biased towards top speed, although it is still useful for players in lower Leagues due to its decent speed at various ranks.
Several useful non-MAXPRO Multiplayer tunings include:
- 1501 4050 (Rank 1454): Speed= 441.4 km/h
- 0500 5050 (Rank 1465): Speed= 448.1 km/h
- 0502 5050 (Rank 1492): Speed= 452.1 km/h
- 0502 5055 (Rank 1523): Speed= 456.2 km/h
- 0504 5050 (Rank 1541): Speed= 458.4 km/h
- 0504 5055 (Rank 1572): Speed= 462.5 km/h
- 0505 5050 (Rank 1573): Speed= 461.5 km/h
- 0504 5555 (Rank 1602): Speed= 466.6 km/h
- 0505 5055 (Rank 1604): Speed= 465.6 km/h
- 0505 5555 (Rank 1635): Speed= 469.8 km/h
Although pro kits are more efficient than max upgrades (i.e. 0504 5055 [Rank 1572] is 0.6 mph [1.0 km/h] faster than 0505 5050 [Rank 1573]), it is unlikely the player will have enough Rotary Engines to tune the car in this way. Therefore, 0505 5050 Rank 1573 will be the most viable tune for the majority of players.
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition can only be obtained from its R&D event.
Research & Development
- Main article: Research & Development/Mazda RX-8 Special Edition
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition's Research and Development event was launched on July 19, 2018. Players were given 4 days to start and 9 days to complete the event.
|Research & Development|
|Events|| Lamborghini Huracán • Lamborghini Egoista • Peugeot SR1 • ED Design Torq|
Alfa Romeo 4C (September 2016) • BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage • Mosler Super GT
Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014 • W Motors Fenyr Supersport
GT by CITROEN • Arash AF10 • Renault Alpine Celebration • Lotus Evora Sport 410
Porsche 911 GT3 RS • KTM 1290 Super Duke R • Ducati SuperSport S • Peugeot RCZ R
Suzuki Hayabusa • McLaren 650S GT3 • Pagani Huayra BC • BMW S 1000 RR
Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition • Yamaha YZF-R6 • Apollo Intensa Emozione
Rimac Concept S • Mazda RX-8 Special Edition • Zenvo TS1 GT 10th Anniversary Edition
Maserati Alfieri • Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé Black Series • Hyundai i30 N
Ducati XDiavel S