- Text originally from Ultimatecarpage.com
McLaren has completed its three tier model strategy with the global reveal of the first in its Sports Series family: the McLaren 570S Coupé. This pure sports car, with driver optimised layout and electrifying performance, shares its DNA with the McLaren Super Series and Ultimate Series that sit above it in the range hierarchy. The Sports Series introduces McLaren race-derived technologies and design values to a new segment and audience.
Like every McLaren, the performance of the 570S Coupé is breathtaking. It combines, as its names suggests, a power output of 570PS (562bhp) with light weight construction to give a class leading power-to-weight ratio of 434PS per tonne. The 570S accelerates from 0 to 100km/h (62 mph) in 3.2 seconds, while 200 km/h (124 mph) is reached in just 9.5 seconds with the pace not letting up till the car reaches a top speed of 328 km/h (204mph).
The Sports Series features an evolution of the 3.8-litre V8 twin turbo engine, named M838TE, with 30 percent of components bespoke to the new model. Engineered by McLaren, it produces 570PS (562 bhp) at 7,400 rpm, and 600Nm (443 lb ft) of torque at 5,000-6,500 rpm. Power is delivered through a seven-speed SSG transmission, and transferred to the road through the rear wheels. This power is brought under control with standard-fit carbon ceramic brakes, fitted behind a newly designed range of forged alloy wheel options with P Zero Corsa tyres as standard from McLaren technical partner, Pirelli - 225/35/R19 on the front and 285/35/R20 on the rear.
Asphalt 8: Airborne
- Starting rank: 1406
- This was changed to 1362 in the Fast Lane Update
- MAX rank: 1591 (+185)
- This was changed to 1549 (+187) in the Fast Lane Update
- MAX+PRO rank: 1708 (+117)
- This was changed to 1678 (+129) in the Fast Lane Update
- Tuning Kit bonus: +41
- This was changed to +49 in the Fast Lane Update
- Stock to MAX+PRO rank difference: 302
- This was changed to 316 in the Fast Lane Update
- Upgrade rank percentages: 2/55/2/41
- Nitro Efficiency: 7/12/17
Similar to the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, the 570S had its stats and/or performance significantly changed in the updates after their debut updates.
Unlike the McLaren 675LT and McLaren 12C Spider, the 570S has a larger nitro boost but with only above average nitro durations. Its drifting capabilities are superb, being capable of handling the spiral turn on Sector 8 without hitting a wall. The biggest advantage of the 570S is its acceleration, being the 3rd fastest accelerating McLaren in the game, after the McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 and McLaren MP4/8.
Despite its well rounded stats, the 570S is largely a collector's item, but does count towards the McLaren collection, which awards a total of 1,500,000.
The car was on sale for a limited-time during the following dates:
- December 25 - 28, 2019: 6,000
- December 28, 2019 - January 1, 2020: 6,000
- July 31 - August 2, 2020: 6,500
- October 30 - November 2, 2020: 7,000
- December 17 - 28, 2020: 7,000 (22% off)
As of the 2019 Spring Update, upgrades cost 1,912,000 while Pro Kits require 637,600, 30 of each Class A Part, 16 Early & Initial Techs each, 32 Mid-Techs, 16 Advanced Techs, and 56 Forced-Induction V8 engines.
As of the 2019 Halloween Update, the car no longer requires Blueprints to be assembled, and has a full purchase price of 4,275. As of the 2019 Holiday Update, the price was increased to 6,000. As of the 2020 Halloween Update, the price was further increased to 9,000.
- The McLaren 570S was added to the game, but could only be accessed by illegitimate means.
- v2.2.0 onwards - Since this update, the McLaren 570S can be obtained legitimately.
- December 31, 2015 → January 4, 2016
- February 19, 2016 → February 22, 2016
- May 20, 2016 → May 23, 2016
- August 25, 2016→ August 27, 2016
- Prize for finishing in the Elite League of the Nightshade Season between November 2016 to December 2016
- Mid-December 2016
- As part of the Ultra Premium Car Pack IAP (US$99.99)
- As of the Car Blueprints Update (55 common Blueprints needed, 4 hours to assemble, maximum skipping cost of 262)
- Blueprints awarded during Winter Wonder MP Season 2
- Blueprints awarded for finishing in Champion League during Lunar MP Season 2
- Car awarded for finishing in Champion League during Frostbite MP Season 3, players who already own the car will instead be awarded with a Free S Class Upgrade
|Lego Technic™ McLaren Senna GTR™ • 12C • 12C Spider • 570S • 570S Spider • 600LT • 650S GT3 • 675LT • 720S • Elva • F1 • F1 LM • F1 XP-5 • M14A • MP4-25 • MP4-31 • MP4/8 • P1™ • P1™ GTR • Senna • Speedtail • X2|