- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is the fourth Mercedes-Benz model to be an Elite car.
- It is also the third Elite car in Class A.
- The SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is the only "Special Edition" vehicle to be an Elite car.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition uses the "Cuda V8" engine note, different from the base model's use of the "Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione V8" note.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is the first Class A car in the game with the Regular pre-race revving sound and the highest-ranked car in the game with such.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is the first car to reach 373 mph (600 km/h) in real speed terms during air time.
- It is also the first car to legitimately exceed 342 mph / 550 km/h with Infected Nitro.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition uses the Forced-Induction V8 card, so it can be assumed that the original 5.4 L naturally aspirated V8 has been upgraded with twin turbochargers or superchargers for the Special Edition.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is the only car to have a License Plate with "2017" placed over its normal black license plate.
- Normally, the ad for the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition's limited-time offer has the car's name in all capital letters, including the manufacturer name. On the Traditional Chinese (繁體中文) version of the game, however, it shows the manufacturer as Mercedes-Benz (not in all capital letters).
- It is the first fictional car of Asphalt 8: Airborne and the third in the whole Asphalt series, after the various secret cars in Asphalt Urban GT 2 and the Lynx DCC 2016-J in Asphalt Xtreme.
- It is the second car to have its acceleration buffed, the first being the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition is tied with the Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package for having the second longest car name in the game (including manufacturer name and spaces), with 40 characters, just behind the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Coupé Final Edition's 45 characters.
- The Car Mastery Rewards in the 5th and 10th Mastery challenges for the MB SLK 55 AMG SE are transferred from the pre-Lunar New Year 2017 Update Impala's Mastery challenges, as well as having the same number of Licenses as a reward ( 51) further hinting that the SLK SE is a replacement of the Impala.
- As of the Fast Lane Update, the SLK SE is the only vehicle sharing its updated MAX + PRO rank of 1801 with three other vehices, the Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS, Infiniti Vision GT, and McLaren P1™ GTR.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.