When writing articles, here are my general rules with shortening vehicle names:
1. In the first section (Summary), every new paragraph should have the full name of the vehicle. But consecutive uses of the name should be shortened (within individual paragraphs).
2. In all of the other sections, the first appearance should have the full name. All other uses of the name should be shortened, even at the starts of paragraphs.
3. When shortening names, it's best to use the model rather than the manufacturer (for example, use NEMESIS rather than TRION).
4. If a vehicle's name is either very short or not very easily recognisable when shortened down to the model, then the vehicle's name should be kept in full, with the manufacturer (eg Porsche 959, BMW M2, Audi S4, Donkervoort D8 GTO, Tesla Model S).
5. If a vehicle is an upgrade (or variant) of another vehicle in the game, then you should differentiate between these vehicles (eg Camaro SS, Camaro GS and Camaro Z/28, or Hussarya and Hussarya GT).
6. If a vehicle is a Special Edition, then simply add "SE" to the end of the vehicle (M2 SE, e-tron SE, SLK SE). The manufacturer name can be dropped (if it was used with the original variant).
Hi Spyman, you're a very systematic person haha I like that :)
I agree with your format and I'm following it mostly but for point for, I do think it's OK to use the brand e.g. Arash and Devel, as even in real life these are the only models the brand produces (and naturally the only car of that brand in A8).
Sorry, I'm kinda a neat freak... But now that Ive finished reformatting all the pages I'll start doing quality content :) I'm definitely not editing just for the sake of edits, sorry for the misunderstanding
I'm the person who started changing the "Overview" title to "Description". I started with the Arrinera Hussarya GT's article.
Btw, I'm also the person who started adding the "Summary-Performance-Usage-Price" format to vehicle articles. I started with the Volkswagen Beetle Turbo's article and McLaren P1 Boy then helped me to spread the format to other articles.
Thanks, I remember seeing a couple of articles that were changed to description so I decided to change all articles to the same format. Currently I have finished with all the articles, so there's no need for you to check for descriptions again.
Also, in light of the new compressed version of the FANDOM pages (Not all the content is shown at once, each heading is compressed into a section) I also made each Asphalt game an individual heading so that users will not be misled by a single 'overview' section. This format has also been updated for all vehicle articles.
I haven't done the S-P-U-P format for all articles yet but I'm on it... Basically I choose articles at random and update them.
Thanks for introducing these formats, they are really helpful!