The Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0) is the 22nd update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, released on August 23, 2017. It reintroduces motorcycles to the series for the first time since Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, more than 6 years ago.
MOTORCYCLES ARE HERE
Join us in welcoming the Suzuki GSX-R750, KTM 1290 Super Duke R, Ducati Monster 1200, and many more!
EXPERIENCE THE BLITZ
We're also introducing 'MOTO BLITZ', a special career mode where you can test the limits of your new hog in a series of races and challenges!
Getting Boxes just got even easier, now you can exchange the spare cards in your inventory for special Pro Boxes
We haven't forgotten our 4-wheel fans! The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Roadster and the Peugeot RCZ R are coming in this update! Stay tuned!
A new set of action-packed special events are now available! Race for the chance to win five new vehicles. The Suzuki Hayabusa, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition, Peugeot RCZ R, and more could be yours!
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Ducati Monster 1200 ( 100,000 or 525)
- Class A
- Class S
- The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- Four-Stroke Engine
- Suzuki GSX-R750 (x4)
- Suzuki Hayabusa (x12)
- V-Twin Engine
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R (x4)
- Ducati Monster 1200 (x4)
- Ducati SuperSport S (x4)
- Hybrid Engine
- Peugeot RCZ R (x4)
- Forced Induction V8
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition (x32)
- New gameplay mode: Moto Blitz
- New boost type: Focus Mode
- New vehicle type: Motorcycles
- Similar to the McLaren Championship cars, Ariel Atom V8 & Zeus Twelve Sigma, the rider appears fully-dressed and when the motorcycle is wrecked or knocked down, the rider disappears instantaneously.
- The rider is however more animated with several stunt related ones and when idle in the Garage
- The rider's appearance is also customized in tandem with the motorcycle.
- New motorcycle only Pro Kit cards:
- Bike Tires
- Fork Tubes
- Bike Exhaust
- Four-Stroke Engine
- V-Twin Engine
- Common Tech
- Rare Tech
- Pro Tech
- New Pro Kit Boxes, obtained with Fusion System points:
- Starter Box: 5,000 points - Grants 2 random cards
- Extra Box: 12,500 points - Grants 4 random cards, 1 Rare
- Ultra Box: 22,000 points - Grants 4 random cards, 3 Rare / Legendary
- 'Car Parts' Boxes now also include motorcycle parts
- 'Tech Card' Boxes now also include motorcycle tech cards
- 3 Classic events for Class D vehicles in Season 2 of Career have had their lap numbers changed to 3:
- The Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package's handling has been made sharper.
- New Blueprint cars:
- Marussia B2 - 10 BP - Common (Daily Bonus Reward)
- DS 3 Racing - 12 BP - Common (Daily Bonus Reward)
- Honda Integra Type-R - 8 BP - Rare (Daily Bonus Reward)
- Lucra L148 - 35 BP - Common (Daily Bonus Reward)
- Holden Coupe 60 - 10 BP - Rare (Multiplayer League Reward)
- Ferrari Enzo Ferrari - 20 BP - Legendary (Multiplayer League Reward)
- New prices for the following vehicles:
|Model||Original Price(s)||New Price|
|Audi R8 e-tron||2,250||7,000|
|Tesla Model S||3,750||7,500|
|Cadillac XTS||7,500 or 120||10,000 or 160|
|Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA||18,000 or 285||20,000 or 315|
|Renault CLIO R.S. 200 EDC||60,000||25,000|
|Volkswagen Beetle Turbo||75,000||26,000|
|Audi RS 3 Sportback||2,925||18,000|
|Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive||9,000||26,000|
|Audi TTS Coupé||13,500||27,000|
|Chevrolet Camaro GS||20,250||28,000|
|Ford Focus RS||24,000 or 330||37,000 or 330|
|Infiniti FX50||50,250 or 630||42,000 or 630|
|Lotus Exige S Coupe||55,000||44,000|
|Audi RS 4 Avant||63,000||45,000|
|Aston Martin DB9 Coupé||21,750||53,000|
|Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary||31,500||55,000|
|Maserati GranTurismo Sport||37,500||60,000|
|Lotus Evora Enduro GT|
Changed back to 95,000 after the hotfix
|Bentley Continental GT V8||52,500||62,000|
|Aston Martin V12 Zagato||57,500||61,000|
|Nissan GT-R (R35)||69,000||67,000|
|Ferrari 458 Italia||73,500||71,000|
|Ford Shelby GT500||85,000||76,000|
|Ford 2006 GT||64,000||75,000|
|Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car||60,000||72,000|
|Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series||66,500||76,000|
|Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X||68,000||77,000|
Temporary, between 28 Sept - 10 Oct 2017 for the price change
|3,250||900,000 or 3,250|
|Ferrari F40||575,000||575,000 or 2,950|
|Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR AMG||375,000||375,000 or 2,500|
|Rimac Concept One||750,000||750,000 or 3,850|
|Savage Rivale GTR||750,000||750,000 or 5,000|
|Volkswagen W12||825,000||825,000 or 5,300|
- Daily Bonus now awards blueprints for 2 cars in a month.
- The McLaren MP4-31's Championship was revived after the Ducati SuperSport S' R&D
- The Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV's EDD and the Porsche 959's Championship (Windows only, due to delay of Munich Update for the platform but later on other devices) were revived after the Suzuki Hayabusa's R&D
- The vehicles added in this update have Upgrade costs that differs for each player. It is unknown as to what determines the price.
- This has resulted in upgrade costs changing for older cars like the DS Survolt.
- Several cars with lower upgrade prices were slightly increased.
- Motorcycles vs Cars Changes
- New loading screen of a KTM 1290 Super Duke R and Suzuki GSX-R750 on Tokyo.
- Motorcycles now have their own separate Masteries, with a new Mastery Icon of a Motorcycle being used for their Masteries.
- The zoom level on a vehicle changes when switching between a car and motorcycle, both in the Garage and in the game. Motorcycles also do not have an "Immersive" camera option.
- The green button used to enter the Garage now has a motorcycle and car silhouette.
- On the garage, there's a new filter which shows only available motorcycles.
- When viewing a vehicle unavailable for purchase, a new message "Vehicle is not on sale at the moment" has replaced "Car is not on sale at the moment" to accommodate for the multiple vehicle types now present in the game.
- After entering the race without a maxed-out vehicle, a new message "Maxed-out vehicle required" has replaced "Maxed-out car required" to accommodate for the multiple vehicle types now present in the game.
- However, there are no Season 9 races for bikes.
- After falling into water, a new message "Your ride is not a submarine!" has replaced "This is a car, not a submarine!" to accommodate for the multiple vehicle types now present in the game.
- In "My Profile" and also when viewing other profiles in Multiplayer lobbies, instead of displaying "Cars Owned", there is now "Vehicles Owned" to accommodate for the multiple vehicle types now present in the game.
- In Research & Development, the text that reads "COMPLETE ALL TESTS AND GET THIS CAR FOR FREE" has been changed to have the word "ride" instead of "car".
- In Enduro Double Downs, the section which previously said "Enduro Cars" now reads "Enduro Vehicles" to accommodate for the multiple vehicle types now in the game.
- All special event types have been changed to replace all references to cars changed to either rides or vehicles. The same occurs with the race mode types and respective their tutorial pages.
- Miscellaneous Garage Changes
- Car Paint has been renamed to 'Coloring' (the U.S. spelling is used for non-U.S. English-speaking platforms as well).
- The RUF RT 12 S is now placed between the Lucra L148 and Ferrari FF.
- The Renault DeZir's and Chevrolet Corvette C3's MAX+PRO rank has been reduced from 1262 to 1261 & from 1759 to 1758 respectively, on some platforms.
- The DeZir's & Corvette C3's statistics still remain unchanged.
- The Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV) and Scion FR-S are no longer available for purchase for players who do not have them. This is due to licensing issues surrounding Toyota that have blocked non-Japanese racing game developers from using Toyota road cars in racing games released from August 2017 onwards.
- The Old School collection is now impossible to complete until the Halloween Update, in which the Supra was replaced by the Acura NSX 2005.
- In terms of Mastery Rewards, 47 (11 + 36), 129,905 (58,400 + 71,505), 3 Nitro Starters, 1 Double Credits, and 1 Class D Free Upgrade are now unobtainable.
- Season 4 of Career Mode cannot be completed, rendering the achievement Four of a Kind becoming unobtainable until the Hot Wheels Update where the Scion FR-S is replaced by the Porsche 718 Boxster S.
- The car and career event together means that the achievements "D is for Drift" (for Scion FR-S), "King of the Garage" (Scion FR-S), "Fully Armed" (Scion FR-S), "Four of a Kind", and especially "The Finish Line" are no longer obtainable.
- In the Car Mastery screen, the selection menu will remain "scrolled" after leaving Car Mastery and returning to it, instead of rolling back to the top.
- The Marussia B2's badge was restored, along with its bumper texture.
- Previously, according to community speculation, the badge had been removed possibly due to the company Marussia Motors becoming defunct in April 2014.
- The McLaren P1™ GTR now has a "Richard Mille" sponsor decal on the rear wheel arches and front bumper, and the "Mobil 1" logo has been removed. There are a few exceptions when certain decals are used on the car which feature both the "Richard Mille" and "Mobil 1" logo on it at the same time.
- This is presumably a nod to the watchmaking company's sponsorship of McLaren's Formula One racing team, given the game's use of 4 such cars.
- However, much like the Ferrari 599XX and Peugeot Onyx, which were changed in the Winter Update, the P1 GTR's banner does not reflect this change.
- This makes the in-game rendition of the car closer to the Assetto Corsa and Project CARS 2 renditions of the car, which also feature Richard Mille sponsor decals.
- Other Cosmetic Changes
- A red "X" indicator appears above an opponent vehicle when it is wrecked or knocked down.
- The 918 Spyder's engine note has been changed to the "Corvette_V8" engine note from the original "electric_silverlightning"
- The note also plays at constant redlining even when the car is still accelerating.
- Windows (desktop) exclusive changes:
- Mouse wheel scrolling is now supported.
- Keyboard controls can now be remapped (Arrow Keys remain standard but the alternative WASD-controls can be changed).
- Even if the auto-acceleration is disabled from the custom control menu, the control selection screen uses "Auto-accelerate" label.
- The season dedicated for McLaren race cars, known as "Season 10: Future" or "McLaren Legends Season" is now named "McLaren Legends Season".
- Default radio stations for Sector 8, Tenerife, and Patagonia have changed from Rock and Bass respectively to a mixed radio station.
- For Android device users, the game now displays your Google Play Games™ account name in Multiplayer races and Time-Limited Event leaderboards, as opposed to Facebook™ or Google+™ name.
- The Nitro icon buttons used in the 'Tap To Steer' control system have been slightly increased in size.
- From this update onwards, all Research & Development events except for the Peugeot RCZ R's have generic ads (pictured are the ones for the KTM 1290 Super Duke R and the later-added McLaren 650S GT3) that feature the following text:
- "[Vehicle name] is ready for R&D! Complete Validation... ...and it's yours!"
- The word "ultimate" in the R&D intro screens is now replaced with "optimal".
A hotfix was released on the week of September 18, 2017 and fixed the following:
- Bikes Career: Career re-balance.
- Bikes Career: Events selector improvement to move to the next available event.
- Bikes behavior: Fixed 180 degree turn after circle ramp.
- Bikes behavior: Perfect focus nitro zone should disappear after tapping a nitro button before it.
- Bikes animations: Added back the tilt jump animation for the KTM 1290 Super Duke R.
- Bikes tutorial: Re-phrased slide about invincibility.
- Said slide now states that invincibility while under Charged Nitro applies only against other vehicles.
- Main Menu camera: Adjusted the main menu cameras for bikes.
- Fixed an issue when Backflip didn’t count towards the Profile progress.
- Other minor issues were addressed.
- The McLaren logo has been updated, from black text, red logo to all white.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition manufacturer is changed from Mercedes-Benz to McLaren, at the request of Mercedes-Benz and McLaren.
- This change was changed back from McLaren to Mercedes-Benz as of the Munich Update.
- The "S" in the Ducati Monster 1200 S has been removed.
- The 1967 Chevrolet Impala's tune-up cost and time have been reduced to 800 and 40 minutes respectively.
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R R&D August 23, 2017
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition EDD August 31, 2017
- Ducati SuperSport S R&D September 9, 2017
- McLaren MP4-31 Championship September 22, 2017
- Peugeot RCZ R R&D September 24, 2017
- Suzuki Hayabusa R&D October 3, 2017
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV EDD October 20, 2017
- The icon for this update features a Porsche 911 GT3 RS with a Suzuki GSX-R750, marking the first time the game receives an icon featuring more than one vehicle in it.
- The addition of motorcycles to Asphalt 8: Airborne contradicts Gameloft's earlier official statements that motorcycles would not be added to the game.
- However, the 2016 investor presentation document (meant to prevent Gameloft from being taken over by Vivendi) suggested Gameloft had planned motorcycles to be in the game in a certain stage.
- The update makes Asphalt 8 the first mobile racing game to have 200 vehicles.
- This is the last update of 2017 to add a new Enduro Double Down event.
- This is also the first update since the Elite Cars Update in which no new Elite Vehicles are added, effectively ending the 8 update-long trend of new updates adding such vehicles.
- The concept of exchanging Pro Cards with a Pro Box was previously used in Asphalt Nitro.
- This is the first update to relaunch a past Championship event.
- This is also the first update to relaunch an event whose car became blueprint-buildable in Car Blueprints Update. In this case, Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV's EDD event was revived.
- This is the first update in 2017 to add a car that was in a previous Asphalt game.
- This update marks the last time a vehicle is available for purchase for either credits or tokens. All other vehicles released after this update are event-only and require blueprints to obtain or become unavailable once their event ends.
- This update also marks the end of the 12 update-long trend of new updates adding at least one new vehicle with a V6 engine note started by the Tenerife Update.
Bugs / Glitches
- Inaccessible R&D: If the KTM 1290 Super Duke R is built with blueprints obtained from Fusion Boxes, its R&D will not be accessible anymore. It is highly recommended that the player completes the event first.
- Time Attack glitch: In motorcycle Time Attacks, the player will sometimes cross the finish line without triggering a "Finish" sequence, thus failing the test as the timer still counts down.
- Sector 8:
- On the half loop of Sector 8, cars will now slow down when the loop is used.
- For motorcycles, firing a Focus boost before the loop will end up exiting it in the wrong direction.
- This bug was fixed in the Munich Update.
- UI dragging: If the player is attempting to drag a menu via swiping, they can accidentally trigger buttons, which can cause tokens and other resources to be spent carelessly. This affects only the Windows Store version using a mouse.
- On some platforms, destructible items for city havocs are missing.
- This was fixed in the September 18th 2017 hotfix
- No graphics for retroactive Blueprint cars: When blueprints are collected for the DS3, L148, or Enzo, the banner for the Audi R8 e-tron appears instead in the "Blueprint Collected!" pop-up.
- No Video Ads: As of late September 2017, the “Play Ad” buttons to watch video ads for Tokens, Season Tickets, and Fuel no longer appears.
- Bike Physics: Due to the different handling physics of the motorcycles, unexpected crashes and change in riding direction are frequent. In addition, the tunnel / raised sections of Nevada, Tokyo, The Great Wall, Sector 8 and Tenerife are much harder to navigate with the motorcycle providing no steering response. Hard and / or sudden steering inputs will also cause the motorcycle to drastically change its direction, often perpendicular or in reverse of the track's direction. This was fixed in the Fall Out Boy Update.
The following bugs / glitches have been fixed:
- When redoing a Research and Development test with incomplete Quality Checks, Quality Checks from previous successful attempts do not appear in the test result screen.
- Cars Switching Places
Videos & Trailers
- ↑ 3.2版消息 - tieba.baidu.com
- ↑ https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1503&t=546268&p=2891152#p2891152
- ↑ 05/24/2016 Answers to Suggestions - forum.gameloft.com
- ↑ http://media01.gameloft.com/web_mkt/corporateV2/pdf/en/EDITED_investor_presentationPDF.pdf
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Original Release (v1.0.0) • Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|
|2019|| Fast Lane Update (v4.1.0) • 2019 Spring Update (v4.2.0) |
2019 Summer Update (v4.3.0)