The Munich Update (briefly known as the Pay to Win Update) is the 23rd update for Asphalt 8: Airborne.
Released on October 23, 2017 for all platforms, the Munich Subway track was introduced.
The latest update of Asphalt 8: Airborne carries with it the duty to fulfill two celebrations of season. Not only does it deliver new vehicles, but it also lets you show your love for Halloween and Oktoberace. Get ready for a Very Special and Spooky event and a new track on Update 23!
Experience a breathtaking ride through the sunny streets and dark underground of Munich in limited time events, multiplayer, and all new special events!
This new track will have you accelerating through the European city. It is a diverse track that will have you accelerating through the sunny urban roads, before plunging into its dark underground tracks. Do not let the change distract you from shortcuts and jumps!
TRICK OR RUN!
Asphalt 8 celebrates the launch of its new track located in Munich with what we affectionately know as "Oktoberace"! Celebrate this Oktoberace by entering limited events, multiplayer races and new special events throughout the month (and beyond).
For those hoping to celebrate the witch season, the Asphalt team has a spooky event! Beat and escape the Jack-o-Lantern monsters on two themed tracks at this Halloween Special Event.
UNIQUE MOTO BLITZ SEASONS
In addition to the mind-blowing new bikes, check out the special new seasons and masteries featured in MOTO BLITZ.
Check back often to beat the Final Races and grab their exclusive new rides. Collect all Trophies for pro upgrades and other goodies.
SPECIAL EVENTS SERIES
5 new special events are waiting to be conquered by you! Don’t miss your chance to compete and win cool prizes.
iOS 11 SUPPORT
The game now supports the latest operating system and their most recent iterations of hardware products.
- Class D
- Class C
- Honda Civic Type R (Championship, BP)
- Class A
- Class S
- The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- i4 Engine
- Honda Civic Type R (x16)
- V8 Engine
- Arrinera Hussarya GT (x56)
- Four-Stroke Engine
- Kawasaki Z800 (x4)
- Forced Four-Stroke Engine
- Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 (x8)
- Forced Induction V8
- McLaren 650S GT3 (x8)
- New Location: Munich Subway
- New Engine Card: Forced Four-Stroke Engine
- only Upgrades are re-introduced from the Elite Cars Update
- only upgrades for the following vehicles:[note 1][note 2]
- Peugeot RCZ R
- Porsche 959
- nanoFlowcell QUANTINO
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R
- Porsche 718 Boxster S
- Sbarro Sparta
- Porsche Cayman GT4
- Mercedes-AMG GT3
- Falcon F7
- Lotus Evora Sport 410
- Ducati SuperSport S
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- Icona Vulcano V12 Hybrid
- Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition
- Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
- Aston Martin One-77
- Suzuki Hayabusa
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
- Weber Faster One
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV
- GT by CITROEN
- Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package
- W Motors Fenyr SuperSport
- Arash AF10
- Aston Martin Vulcan
- This change was reverted on October 31, 2017, due to negative reception from the community. Also, the Honda Civic Type R, Arrinera Hussarya GT, McLaren 650S GT3 and Kawasaki Z800 had -only upgrades until the aforementioned date. 
- The Mosler Super GT and BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage still retained their only upgrades despite the change to allow payment with either or .
- The RUF CTR 3's Knockdown event in Season 7 of Career mode set in Tokyo has been replaced with the McLaren F1 XP-5.
- The same car also replaced the CTR 3 in the Versus event against the Lamborghini Veneno in Season 8 of Career mode set in Venice Reverse.
- The RUF RT 12 S' Elimination event in Season 8 of Career mode set in French Guiana has been replaced with the Mazzanti Evantra.
- The same car also replaced the RT 12 S in the Versus event against the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento in Season 8 of Career mode set in London.
- Despite this, the starting ranks of both RUF cars still remain. Also, for both cases, if the player has owned both RUF vehicles, the RUF vehicles will appear as AI racers.
- Season 9 events can now be filtered by class or manufacturer
- The events are also rearranged to be chronological by update
- Pro Kits inventory limit has been extended
- The RUF-only events in Season 8 of Career mode have been replaced with McLaren.
- The Season 9 races for the RUF RT 12 S, RUF CTR 3 and the 9FF GT9 VMAX have been removed. Any career stars previously earned at these races are discarded as well.
- However, the Masteries for the three cars remain for those who have owned them.
- The RT 12 S, CTR 3 and the 9FF are also excluded from their respective collections. The Euro Aces, German Steel and Winter Came collections can now be completed with no reduction in rewards.
- New collection: Gran Turismo
- New Blueprint vehicles:
- Restoration time for the Proto Keys of McLaren 650S GT3's R&D duration is 6 hours.
- Restoration time for the Championship Tires of Arrinera Hussarya GT's Championship & Hot Wheels Championship (available in Hot Wheels Update) duration is 12 hours.
- Attempting the Great Wall Reverse shortcut glitch by going beyond the added rock pillars will now respawn the player at where they left the path.
- Random Blueprints can now be won from Events, under name of Beginner Blueprint Box or Advanced Blueprint Box, which each award one blueprint.
- Daily Bonus has been reverted back to the original one car giveaway schedule.
- Player accounts made after November 13, 2017, now have different vehicle prices
|Model||Original Price(s)||New Price (if account was made after November 13, 2017)|
|2015 Ford Mustang||1,050||1,100|
|BMW M3 Sedan||950||1,300|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X||1,000||1,825|
|SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI||300,000 or 1,625||200,000|
|Donkervoort D8 GTO||325,000 or 2,000||2,400|
|Buick Avista Concept||335,000 or 2,050||2,500|
|Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic||125,000||1,100|
|Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe||1,100||45,000|
|Lotus Exige S Coupe||44,000||525|
|Acura NSX 2005||525||100,000|
|SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8||95,000||1,300|
|Jaguar F-Type R||2,000||1,625|
|Felino cB7||275,000||250,000 or 2,100|
|Lamborghini Miura||325,000 or 2,100||250,000|
|Volkswagen Golf Design Vision GTI||2,200||2,300|
|Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series||405,000 or 2,500||2,600|
|Lotus Evora Enduro GT||56,000||630|
|Bentley Continental GT V8||62,000||1,100|
|Aston Martin V12 Zagato||61,000||75,000|
|Aston Martin V12 Vantage||65,000||1,300|
|Nissan GT-R (R35)||67,000||90,000|
|Ferrari 458 Italia||71,000||1,825|
|Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013||285,000||2,200|
|Audi R8 LMS Ultra||625,000||2,400|
|Spada Codatronca TSS||1,000||230,000|
|Ford Shelby GT500||76,000||2,000|
|Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)||2,500||250,000|
|Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR AMG||375,000||300,000|
|Rimac Concept One||750,000||350,000 or 2,600|
|Chevrolet SS||890,000 or 5,800||400,000 or 3,500|
|TVR Sagaris||900,000 or 5,950||1,500,000 or 6,500|
|Lamborghini Estoque||950,000 or 6,200||6,600|
|Mercedes-AMG GT3||1,000,000 or 6,425||6,700|
|2010 Bentley Continental Supersports||1,100,000 or 6,525||6,900|
|Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car||72,000||720|
|Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X||77,000||85,000|
|Chevrolet Corvette C7||85,000||90,000|
|Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Coupé Final Edition||2,100||1,300|
|McLaren 12C Spider||90,000||100,000|
|Lamborghini Sesto Elemento||175,000||1,625|
|Savage Rivale Roadyacht GTS||225,000||175,000|
|Savage Rivale GTR||750,000 or 5,000||3,500|
|Nissan GT-R NISMO||650,000||450,000|
|Volkswagen W12||825,000 or 5,300||550,000|
|Ferrari 330 P4||5,750||750,000|
|Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4||1,000,000||5,000|
|Chevrolet Corvette C3||6,000||850,000|
|Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS||6,250||7,000|
|Jaguar XJ220S||1,600,000 or 6,350||7,600|
|W Motors Lykan HyperSport||550,000||3,500|
|NanoFlowcell QUANT FE||1,200,000 or 6,500||900,000 or 4,800|
|Hennessey Venom GT||2,250,000||1,350,000|
|HTT Pléthore LC 750||3,250,000 or 14,250||8,900|
|Renault Sport R.S. 01||3,500,000 or 16,625||1,950,000 or 9,900|
|Mosler Land Shark||3,750,000 or 17,825||2,250,000 or 17,825|
|TRION NEMESIS||4,000,000||4,000,000 or 14,000|
- The logo for Arrinera has been updated.
- The manufacturer logo for the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition has been reverted back to Mercedes-Benz.
- The height of the radio station selection in the pause menu has been lowered
- The menus for Pro Boxes, Car Mastery races, MAX upgrades, and post-race Multiplayer options have been reduced in size.
- Car Mastery now shows if the race is on a reverse direction of the track
- The rims of the GT by CITROEN have been changed.
- The new rims are not based on any real life or virtual models and look poorly made
- When playing with motorcycles, the camera now remains static when the player drives the bike on tilted areas (The Great Wall, Tokyo, Sector 8, Tenerife, and Patagonia), allowing the player to control the bike more easily in those areas.
- When the game detects that a controller is connected, the message that appears is renamed from "Controller Detected" to "Controller Connected" and has been moved to the center of the screen. In addition, it now displays a diagram showing the controller controls, replacing the message "A controller has been connected.".
- In Career races, Enduro races & Moto Blitz races, if the selected car has been purchased and has a rank lower than the recommended rank, an exclamation mark will appear to the right of the recommended rank and on the top-right corner of the "Next" button. This change was used also in the Championship.
- Multiplayer lobbies no longer show a "You" with the player's username being shown instead
- Championship location unlock screens now show a progress bar on the featured car's BP count
- The introduction screen for Time Attack & Grand Finale events has changed from a Formula One car's silhouette to a normal car's (possibly an Audi R8 e-tron's) in the R&D and Championship.
- Kawasaki Z800 Championship October 24, 2017
- McLaren 650S GT3 R&D October 30, 2017
- Porsche 959 Championship October 31, 2017
- Arrinera Hussarya GT Championship November 9, 2017
- Arash AF10 R&D November 20, 2017
- Falcon F7 EDD November 20, 2017
- Honda Civic Type R Championship December 01, 2017
- Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport EDD December 04, 2017
Bugs / Glitches
- Reset Upgrades: Any vehicle that the player has upgraded but does not own will have its MAX upgrades reset. Gameloft released a hotfix which "allow(s) Gameloft to run scripts to get the upgrades back as they were, and this will happen over the upcoming days".
- Unusable Fusion Boxes: Attempting to fuse cards will show a full fusion bar. Upon tapping the "Claim" button, the game will show player's actual Fusion Points counter. The boxes depicted is also different, it is now a green BP offer box and the source code for the box's name and description are also shown. This was fixed shortly after the update's release
- Missing Events: There have been reports that the R&D event for the McLaren 650S GT3 are not available to players even though an advert for the event and the car are shown. This was fixed during the release of the Windows version update.
- The same case also happened with the Kawasaki Z800 Championship.
- Game crashes on Android: The game will crash on Android when certain breakable objects are destroyed on the new track. The only solution is to remove the game cache from the SD card and re-download the game. This bug was fixed in the Hot Wheels Update.
- Persistent Steering: On various versions of iOS 11 & 10.3 and type of device, the game will have the vehicle constantly steering in one direction even if the device's gyroscope is calibrated. Rebooting the game only temporarily fixes the problem for a limited duration; at most, only the entirety of the first race is problem free. The only permanent solution is to restore an earlier iOS version. This is also present in Asphalt Xtreme
- It is strongly recommended to have a backup of the device's contents as well as the game progress as an iOS reversion is considered to be a factory reset.
- No "Synchronizing Data..." or "Synchronization Complete" in R&D: The "Synchronizing Data..."/"Synchronization Complete" disappears during R&D events (EDDs and Championships are not affected), meaning if there are synchronization problems, the entire R&D race must be re-run from scratch as it prevents the re-sync button from appearing. This was fixed in Hot Wheels Update.
- Non-stop Out of Bounds: After a Time Attack in Alps Sprint 4, the AI will often cause the player's vehicle to repeatedly go out of bounds.
- Pro Card Arrangement: The arrangement of the player's inventory is similarly garbled with the card's rarity and type being disregarded. This was also fixed shortly after.
- Sound on opening boxes (Android): When a pro kit box is opened, the sound effect for the opening sequence will play twice: The first is when the box is shown, the second is when the cards are presented.
- Missing date on Daily Rewards: For October's daily rewards calendar, the 31st was missing. Whenever the game was loaded up, the sound effect would play but no reward was given, nor would the calendar be shown. This was fixed shortly after.
The following bugs/glitches have been fixed:
- Sector 8 loop glitch
- The "Championship" bug where Championships would end up being replaced with the McLaren M14A's Championship.
- No Horizon Tilt.
- Missing Events
- Pro Card Arrangement
- Missing date on Daily Rewards
- Unusable Fusion Boxes
- This update marks the firsts of the following:
- This update is the second update in the year 2017 to add a new track.
- This update once again reuses the Research & Development Update icon for the seventh time featuring the McLaren P1™ GTR.
- With a total of 4 relaunched events, this update has the highest number of relaunched events in 2017.
- The prices charged are still the same from previous updates. The only difference is the lack of Credit prices.
- While the October 31, 2017 hotfix addressed this, it is unknown as to how extensive the reversion was.