New York City is the most populous city in the United States. With an estimated 2018 population of 8,398,748 distributed over a land area of about 302.6 square miles (784 km2), New York is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.
Asphalt Urban GT
The track starts with a straightaway that connects to a series of 4 quick corners that increase in sharpness followed by a long corner. The second half of the track consists of 2 sharp corners in quick succession followed by a series of 4 short straightaways and 3 90° corners before the start/finish line.
Asphalt Urban GT 2
The track is identical in layout but has two additional shortcuts with one at the harbor section and the other at the straight S bend.
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
The track consists of an S bend at the start followed by a straightaway that leads to a second S bend. A second straightaway ends with a sharp corner and the Brooklyn Bridge is crossed before the start/finish line.
Cash pickups rarely appear at the S bends while nitro pickups are present on the straightaways.
- This section of an article is missing some information. Please try to add some relevant content.
Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
The track consists mostly of straightaways and tight corners. The first section starts with a medium corner and goes through a small park with an arch that serves as a fixed obstacle. A long straightaway opens up with a split path before 2 sharp turns at the end of the first section. The second section runs underneath an elevated subway line with 2 straightaways and a long curve before entering the third section. The third section is a park with multiple tight corners and connects to the start/finish line with a high-speed shallow curve. A shortcut is present in the park and has a cash pickup while the main path has 3 cash pickups but with 2 sharp corners.
Asphalt 7: Heat
The track is identical in layout to the Asphalt 6 version but has additional shortcuts and visual detail for the track's scenery. The first straightaway now has the underground parking garage and a jump through the split path as shortcuts while the second straightaway has a collapsed section of track as a ramp.
Asphalt 9: Legends
New York was added in the American Season Update and features the Brooklyn and Manhattan districts, Central Park, Grand Central Terminal, a subway route with an elevated railway and an industrial zone located behind the Brooklyn Bridge.
- A Run In The Park
- Wall Street Ride CR
- Zeppelin Race
- Friendly Neighborhood
- The City That Never Sleeps
- Leaps & Bounds
- Subway Surfing
- Quantum Jumps
- Urban Exodus
CR = Available in Club Races
Asphalt Urban GT
- Broadway Streets, Chinatown and the Statue of Liberty can be seen.
- New York, Miami, Paris and Las Vegas are the only tracks to be set in the evening.
- The track banner is loosely based on the Brooklyn District of New York.
- New York is one of the 8 tracks to be featured on the mobile version.
Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
- New York is one of two tracks to only have one shortcut, the other being Moscow.
- The track appears to be based on the Manhattan and Brooklyn boroughs.
Asphalt 9: Legends
- Concept art for New York made by Toni López Yeste shows a Lamborghini Veneno jumping into Grand Central Terminal while being chased by a police Maserati GranTurismo Sport and police helicopters.
- One of the information boards above the ticket offices in the main ticket hall reads "Attention Customers: Never leave packages unattended. Unattended items may be removed by the MTA Police Department. Thank you for your cooperation".
- This is one of the few times in the Asphalt racing franchise where a real-life entity has been featured in-game, namely the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), which is is a public benefit corporation responsible for public transportation in the New York City metropolitan area of the U.S. state of New York.
- The information board specifically refers to the MTAPD, which is the law enforcement agency of the MTA.
- The departure boards list the Old Tunnels, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Broadway and Central Park as the selected destinations.
- The Bridge that connects Brooklyn with Manhattan is a fictional bridge, since it does not appear to resemble any Bridge of NYC, althought it could be a fusion of the Williamsburg Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge.
- The subway station in the Grand Central Terminal appears to be based on the abandoned City Hall station.
|Original tracks||Las Vegas • USA Speedway • Cuba • Miami • Bogota Airport • New York • Paris • Ukraine Deadzone • Hong Kong|
|Additional tracks (Java)||London • Tokyo • Siracusa • Luxor • Vladivostok • Route 66 •|
|Paris • Colombia Airport • Ukraine Deadzone • Cuba • Texas Speedway • Las Vegas • Miami • New York • Hong Kong • Rio de Janeiro • London • Dubai • San Francisco • Tokyo • Baghdad (Java exclusive)|
|Los Angeles • Paris • Monte Carlo • New York • Shanghai • Dubai • Las Vegas • Rome • St. Petersburg • San Francisco • Mumbai • Hawaii|
|Original tracks||Nassau • Chamonix • Cape Town • Havana • New Orleans • Moscow • Tokyo • Los Angeles • Reykjavík • New York • Monte Carlo • Shanghai|
|Additional tracks (removed)||Rio de Janeiro • Detroit • Hong Kong|
|Alps • Havana • Hawaii • London • Los Angeles • Miami • Moscow • Nassau • New Orleans • New York • Nismo Race Track • Paris • Reykjavík • Rio • Shanghai • Tokyo|
|Paris • New York • Hong Kong|
|Original tracks||San Francisco • Rome • Himalayas • Scotland • Shanghai • Cairo • U.S. Midwest|
|Update-released tracks||The Caribbean • Osaka • New York • Nevada • Auckland|