Shanghai (上海) is the second largest city in China by population, with more than 24 million people living there. Shanghai lies on the south edge of the Yangtze estuary. Shanghai borders Jiangsu and Zhejiang to the north, south, and west and the East China Sea to the east. Because of favorable port locations and economic potential, Shanghai grew to importance in the 19th century. Shanghai has the world's busiest container port, which is located in the Yangtze River Delta.
The track having the most twisty curves in the gameplay. It consists a U bend before crossing the bridge , a variety of sharp curves appeared before reaching the finish line. No shortcuts avaliable and cash pickups were seen on the curves.
Considered as the most difficult track in the game, Shanghai is a technical track with an immediate sharp corner before a 270° spiral and jump. 2 more sharp corners have to be navigated before the first shortcut while the main path has 2 medium corners. The next section of the track has 2 more sharp corners and an S-bend. The shortcut of the S-bend has 3 cash pickups while the main path has 1 cash pickup and nitro bottles. The last section starts with 2 more sharp corners before a straightaway with fixed obstacles and a medium corner.
Similar to its previous rendition, Shanghai has multiple sharp corners but uses a different layout and does not have a spiral.
Shanghai now has a more simplistic layout than previous versions and has multiple shortcuts, straightaways and changes in elevation.
30" Variants CR
- Double Roundabout
- Paris Of The East
60" Variants CR
- Future Road
- Reach For The Sky
90" Variants CR
- The Pearl Of The Orient
- Nanjing Stroll
- Pudong Rise
- Shen City
120" Variants CR
- Shopping Spree
- People's Square Dash
CR = Available in Club Races
Asphalt 4 / Asphalt 6 / Asphalt 7
- Cars with excellent handling and drifting capabilities are recommended.
- Cars with decent acceleration and top speed are needed in order to take advantage of the many straightaways of the track.
- However, there are also many wide sweeping curves where the player must drift, so good handling is also needed.
- Shanghai and Paris are the only tracks set at night.
- The Bund, Oriental Pearl Tower, Port of Huangpu Jiang, Nanjing Street and Shanghai Yangtze Bridge can be seen.
- There are no variations in time of day on this track, regardless of whether the variant is regular or reverse.
- Shanghai received a significant change in the scenery lightning and colors after the Worldwide Launch.
- This led to some players to compare the old Shanghai with the new one with some saying that the old one looked better.
- A comparison video video has been made for both versions.
- The coordinates in the About section of the Asphalt 9 website leads to the People's Square.
- It also appears to be the coordinates from the map on the Asphalt 9 website's loading screen.
|Los Angeles • Paris • Monte Carlo • New York • Shanghai • Dubai • Las Vegas • Rome • St. Petersburg • San Francisco • Mumbai • Hawaii|
|Original tracks||Nassau • Chamonix • Cape Town • Havana • New Orleans • Moscow • Tokyo • Los Angeles • Reykjavík • New York • Monte Carlo • Shanghai|
|Additional tracks (removed)||Rio de Janeiro • Detroit • Hong Kong|
|Alps • Havana • Hawaii • London • Los Angeles • Miami • Moscow • Nassau • New Orleans • New York • Nismo Race Track • Paris • Reykjavík • Rio • Shanghai • Tokyo|
|Original tracks||San Francisco • Rome • Himalayas • Scotland • Shanghai • Cairo • U.S. Midwest|
|Update-released tracks||The Caribbean • Osaka • New York • Nevada • Auckland|