The Tenerife Update is the v1.9.1 update of Asphalt 8: Airborne. It was released in late May 2015 for iOS and Android and available for Windows in June 2015. This update introduced a new track, Tenerife, as well as 64-bit support.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
The brand-new update for Asphalt 8 takes your game to all new heights for excitement!
- NEW LOCATION!
- Master the island of Tenerife, from its tropical beaches to its breathtaking mountains and untamed wilderness, on 4 intense new tracks!
- 8 NEW CARS
- EXCLUSIVE DECALS
- Show off your unique style with these new custom options.
- REVAMPED MULTIPLAYER EVENTS
- Now you can compete against up to 12 players, instead of 8, in more challenging events fore more pumped-up rewards.
- APPLE WATCH & WIDGETS
- Stay connected and never miss an event, new car or special offer again!
- 64-bit SUPPORT
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
The new cars will need the following engine cards:
- V6 Engine
- V8 Engine
- ONUK Sazan LM (x12)
- Forced-Induction V8
- HTT Pléthore LC 750 (x52)
- V10 Engine
- Audi R8 LMS Ultra (x4)
- V12 Engine
- F6 Engine
- New location: Tenerife.
- The Lotus Exige S Roadster has been renamed to Lotus Exige S Coupe.
- More Decals added.
- Decals added for Renault DeZir and Lotus Exige S Coupe.
- Revamped Multiplayer Events. Events can now have up to 12 racers.
- 64-bit support added.
- Two new collections added: Red Colts and Red Stallions.
- New engine sounds: "Bentley W12" (w12_bentley) and "Cuda V8" (v8_cuda) the latter of which is used by the Spada Codatronca TSS.
- The Knockdown Camera can now be toggled on or off.
Bugs / Glitches
- Aventador for Veneno Race Events: Curiously, the Lamborghini Veneno's Career Mode events were changed to instead require the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4. This was fixed in the Car Mastery Update.