The Tesla Model S is a low Class D car with the following rank statistics:
- Starting rank: 551
- This was changed to 876 in the Showdown Update
- MAX rank: 877 (+326)
- This was changed to 1036 (+160) in the Showdown Update
- This was changed to 1015 (+139) in the Sixth Anniversary Update
- MAX+PRO rank: 938 (+61)
- This was changed to 1069 (+63) in the Showdown Update
- Tuning Kit bonus: +74
- This was changed to +41 in the Showdown Update
- This was change to +32 in the Sixth Anniversary Update
- Nitro Efficiency: 7/12/17
The Tesla Model S has slower acceleration, slower nitro boost and weaker handling than the Audi R8 e-tron but has a longer nitro duration and higher top speed.
The Tesla Model S, being a low-end D Class car, is the most useful in Career mode to get stars. A stock Model S is good for competing Season 1 & 2 Class D races, and with a level of skill, season 3 partially.
The Model S does have some use in Multiplayer at stock as it will be matched against the lowest-ranked cars like the Dodge Dart GT and Audi e-tron.
As of the Motorcycles Update, The Tesla Model S costs 7,500 to purchase (originally 2,500, then 3,750).
As of the 2019 Spring Update, upgrades cost 73,000 while Pro Kits require 6,000 and 3 of each Class D Part.