Hi, I'm back, sorry that it took a while.
Generally, every wiki's rule is: Be bold! This means that if you want to edit something, don't be shy. Mass edits are another league though, and are normally reserved for admins only. That's why there are several restriction hints on the MassCategorization doc page.
Another, equally important principle of every wiki is: Consensus. Major changes should be discussed with other users. If you are not sure if your planned change will affect other users or the whole wiki structure: Ask.
- "The problem is that I don't know how to tag the account as a Bot, so I decided to try the Bot without this flag."
If you don't know something: Ask. And wait for the answer. This was a mass edit without consensus. Although we had talked about it before, we did not decide to actually do it. It was a recommendation from your side.
That's why bots should have separate flagged accounts. Their changes show up in different logs and can be traced better this way.
As for the image categories: All image categories should have "images" at the end of the name (as long as it's not "icons" or smething similar that directly implies that it's an image). If you decide to assign a new category to an image, the new category should also be categorized. If not, the new category will just fly around somewhere in wiki space.
- Naming conventions: Asphalt Wiki:Manual of Style#Categories
- All images taken from game screens belong into Category:In-game images and its subcategories.
- Complete, unedited screenshots → Category:Screenshots
- Rectangular cut out images from screenshots → Category:In-game images
- Rectangular cut out images of promo pop-ups (or taken directly form the game's files/popup_lib_wd folder) → Category:Promo images
- Rectangular cut out images of in-game messages → Category:Message images
- Edited images of in-game icons, especially with transparent background → Category:In-game icons
Original and official files received directly from Gameloft have the additional Category:Official Gameloft images and are protected.
- A category for the game should be added, for example Category:Asphalt 8 images for images taken from Asphalt 8.
- Images that are used for vehicle subpages can get a corresponding category: