- "Remove search bar (already a Wiki feature, redundant)"
Did you mean "a Fandom feature"? The Asphalt Wiki search bar was taken over from a precious design for two reasons:
- I remember that the search in the Fandom bar originally started a Fandom-wide search which was useless for Asphalt Wiki users. But this has changed a while ago.
- Also, the Asphalt Wiki search bar includes the Asphalt Wiki namespace which is by default excluded in the Fandom search. Our glossary was located in the Asphalt Wiki namespace, so excluding this namespace would have been very counterproductive for users searching for unknown words.
I've recently moved the glossary to the main namespace, so indeed the search bar tile could be removed. It stayed there because we had enough space in the right column, and because it offers the opportunity to choose the namespaces directly without the five extra clicks rrequired by the advanced fandom search.
- "Remove Wiki Activity column (same as search bar)"
We are forced to have the Wiki activity box on every wiki page, so why remove the tile from the front page where it is most useful to get a quick overview of what's going on when visiting the site?
Also, this would leave only the news and the blog posts tiles in the right column and plenty of empty space. Unless we want to fill it with ten news items and ten blog posts, which would be possible of course.
- "Removal of Asphalt 8 and 9 columns."
How do you plan to provide the information of these tiles instead?
- "Rather than a small footnote, i could make buttons to direct users to pages such as here"
You mean the footnote in the Statistics tile? It's only a self-updating explanation for the displayed drop rate values so that people don't have to click around to find where the numbers come from.
- "Its cluttered"
The two Asphalt 8 and 9 columns have the disadvantage that they become too narrow and cluttered then displayed with the desktop view of a mobile browser. I thought of turning them into rows to solve the layout problem.
I may have misunderstood you, but it seems that you are planning to remove all information about current events, activities and game parameters from the front page and replace them with picture links instead. Is this correct?