Transylvania is a historical region which today is located in central Romania. Bound on the east and south by its natural borders, the Carpathian mountain range, historical Transylvania extended westward to the Apuseni Mountains. The term sometimes encompasses not only Transylvania proper, but also the historical regions of Crișana and Maramureș, and occasionally the Romanian part of Banat.
Post-update screen description
Loading screen description
Added in the Holiday Update, Transylvania has 4 track (2 forward + 2 reverse) variants:
- Vehicles with tight handling / drifting and long nitro duration (Mercedes-Benz Biome, Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition, McLaren Mercedes MP4-25) are recommended as the track has both tight and long turns with sparse nitro pick-ups and stunt ramps.
- The first left fork in Clifftop Run and main path for Citadel Clash has a blind curve with a small dip on the right side before a large ramp. Players should stay on the left side of the curve or aim for the ramp as the dip can cause a jump that goes out of bounds and/or cause a Wreck.
- On Citadel Clash, an exploit is possible where landing in the out-of-bounds area to the left of the final jump's landing area would warp the vehicle closer to the finish line than landing on the track would.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Transylvania:
- DS E-TENSE
- Chrysler Firepower
- Rezvani Beast X
- Morgan Aero GT
- Ferrari 599XX Evo
- Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
- Porsche 911 GT1 Evolution
- Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo Evo
- Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Ferrari SF90 Stradale
- McLaren 600LT
- Koenigsegg Regera
- The addition of this track to the game in December 2018 may be directly linked to the Romania's Great Union Day, a historical event which took place on December 1st, 1918, when Bessarabia, Bukovina, and Transylvania itself united with the Romanian Kingdom. December 1st is Romania's National Day as well.
- Given the event took place on the aforementioned date, it makes December 1st, 2018 the Centenary of the Great Union, the most plausible reason this track was added to the game.
- Prior to the 2019 Halloween Update, a glitch existed on the King's Highway track where the player could turn left at the first fork on the road leading to the Citadel, which would later teleport them close to the start/finish line when the Citadel is reached.
- As of the said update, this glitch was patched.
- Transylvania is the second location in the game to undergo special modifications for a time-limited event. For TLE's between October 31 - November 4, 2019, and from November 1, 2020 onwards, the sky above the track was given a special night-time variant as a homage to the spooky themes of Halloween with Jack-o-Lanterns as obstacles.
- Transylvania is also the second location in the game to feature Jack-o-Lanterns as obstacles on the track for Halloween, starting on October 31, 2019 and November 1, 2020.
- Tokyo was the first track to introduce this feature which debuted on October 31, 2017. This practice would occur for only 2 years, as the Jack-o-Lanterns were noticeably absent from this track during the Halloween season of 2019.
|Original tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-released tracks||The Great Wall1 • Dubai2 • San Diego Harbor3 • Sector 84 • Tenerife5 • Area 516 • Rio de Janeiro7 • Patagonia8 • Munich Subway9 • Transylvania10 • Orbital Loop11 • Terra 912|
|1. The Great Wall Update, 2. Dubai Update, 3. San Diego Harbor Update, 4. Winter Update, 5. Tenerife Update, 6. Santa's Gift Update, 7. Rio de Janeiro Update, 8. Lunar New Year 2017 Update, 9. Munich Update, 10. Holiday Update, 11. Sixth Anniversary Update, 12. Seventh Anniversary Update|