The Volkswagen Beetle Turbo TSI BLUEMOTION (A5) is a variant of the A5 Volkswagen Beetle compact car.
The Volkswagen Beetle Turbo is a low Class D car added in the Lunar New Year Update with the following rank statistics:
- Starting rank: 527
- This was changed to 838 in the Showdown Update.
- MAX rank: 977 (+450)
- This was changed to 1082 (+244) in the Showdown Update.
- MAX+PRO rank: 1230 (+253)
- This was changed to 1252 (+170) in the Showdown Update.
- Tuning Kit bonus: +84
- This was changed to +56 in the Showdown Update.
- Stock to MAX+PRO rank difference: 703
- This was changed to 414 in the Showdown Update.
- Upgrade rank percentages: 7/67/7/19
- Nitro Efficiency: 9/14/19
The Beetle is almost identical in performance to the Renault CLIO R.S. 200 EDC although faster by exactly 6.2 mph (10.0 km/h). Both cars, along with the Camaro Z/28, have performance-builds heavily based on that of the Audi R8 e-tron.
The Beetle's raw top speed is lower than cars like the Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA but higher than cars like the Renault DeZir. To make up for this, the Beetle has a relatively large but inefficient nitro. Overall, this makes the Beetle a weak car compared to the DeZir. However, the Beetle has a low starting rank like the DeZir, Ford F-150, SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI, and Camaro Z/28, so it benefits from a very large Tuning Kit bonus and the ability to be Multiplayer tuned.
Even with no acceleration upgrades, the Beetle has an unusually fast acceleration; faster than the F-150, DeZir, Impreza, and Camaro Z/28. The Beetle also has good handling and drifting. However, the F-150 is faster at low ranks while the DeZir, Impreza and Camaro Z/28 all have higher final ranks, making them faster at higher ranks. Acceleration is perhaps the Beetle's only advantage over these cars, although it does have a higher raw top speed than the F-150 and DeZir, meaning that if the Beetle knocks down either car, it has a chance of outrunning them.
Like all of the cars mentioned in the previous paragraph, the Beetle struggles to keep its nitro activated on rampless maps like Azure Coast.
Note: The following sections are based on the Volkswagen Beetle's performance prior to the Showdown Update.
In Multiplayer, the Beetle is one of the fastest vehicles in the game from around ranks 550-800. It is slower than the DeZir, F-150, and possibly the Impreza, but it has a chance of outrunning the Camaro Z/28. However, the Beetle has a nitro-based tune, instead of a dual nitro/raw top speed tune like the Camaro Z/28, so its raw top speed is lower. The Beetle will still inevitably run out of nitro on most maps except for San Diego Harbor, at some point, so Extra Tanks will help but they won't fully compensate for the bad nitro efficiency. The Beetle's nitro efficiency is lower than that of the F-150, Impreza, and DeZir but equal to the Camaro Z/28. Overall, these cars could be rated with the F-150 as the best, then the DeZir (the DeZir is arguably equal to the F-150), then the Impreza, Camaro Z/28, and the Beetle at the end. This makes the Beetle the 5th best car at low ranks, which, despite sounding bad, still makes the Beetle pretty competitive.
The Beetle's raw top speed is lower than the Camaro Z/28's while its nitro is equal; also, the Beetle's nitro weighting is lower while its top speed weighting is higher. Overall, this places it heavily in favor of a nitro-based tune, despite its bad nitro efficiency.
(Note: None of these have been tested; these are all theoretical ranks/speed values based on calculations made using the statistics and weightings of the vehicle. Therefore, speed values or ranks could be off by as much as 0.5 or 3, respectively.)
(Note: Measurements are in km/h. The mph measurements will be displayed soon.)
- 0000 0000 - 242.8 km/h (203.7 km/h) @527
- 0001 0000 - 245.5 km/h (203.7 km/h) @536
- 0002 0000 - 249.2 km/h (203.7 km/h) @548
- 0003 0000 - 253.9 km/h (203.7 km/h) @566
- 0004 0000 - 259.4 km/h (203.7 km/h) @587
- 0005 0000 - 264.5 km/h (203.7 km/h) @613
- 0104 0000 - 264.7 km/h (209 km/h) @617
- 0105 0000 - 269.8 km/h (209 km/h) @643
- 0004 0505 - 272.9 km/h (203.7 km/h) @653
- 0005 0505 - 278 km/h (203.7 km/h) @678
- 0104 0505 - 278.2 km/h (209 km/h) @683
- 0105 0505 - 283.3 km/h (209 km/h) @709
- 0205 0505 - 290.5 km/h (216.2 km/h) @754
- 0104 4444 - 292.3 km/h (227.1 km/h) @794
- 0404 0000 - 291.5 km/h (235.8 km/h) @798
- 0205 3505 - 296.3 km/h (222 km/h) @796
- 0205 0535 - 296.3 km/h (222 km/h) @796
- 0205 2525 - 297 km/h (222.7 km/h) @801
- 0305 0505 - 299.4 km/h (225.1 km/h) @814
- 0405 0505 - 310.1 km/h (235.8 km/h) @889
- 0405 5555 - 336 km/h (261.7 km/h) @1068
- 0505 5555 - 345.8 km/h (271.5 km/h) @1158
The Beetle isn't featured in the Career Mode.
A goal that is often given in the Daily Tasks, which asks for the player to play several Multiplayer races with a Volkswagen car, is easiest to complete with the Beetle since the other two Volkswagens in the game are very expensive and poor choices for Multiplayer.
The Volkswagen Beetle Turbo originally costed 75,000 to purchase and 660,920 to MAX. However, the prices was originally decreased to 26,000 and later increased to 180. It is also obtainable as a reward for reaching VIP Level 3. Should the player already have the car, the player will receive 37,500 instead.
As of the 2019 Spring Update, upgrades cost 342,000 while Pro Kits require 113,600, 15 of each Class D Parts card, 10 Early & Initial Tech cards each and 8 i4 Engines.
The Beetle was part of the 24th and 25th Multiplayer Seasons, Bloom Season 2 and Burnout Season 2 respectively, as an Amateur League reward. Players who already had the Beetle would win 10,000 instead.