The Wild Cards Update is the 42nd update of Asphalt 8: Airborne.
Get ready for new special events and awesome rewards, including the TORINO DESIGN Super Sport Festival! Stay tuned for more!
CONVERT WILD CARDS!
Seek out the Wild Kit Cards -- new special rewards in various activities. Win them and convert them into the Kit cards for specific cars!
- Class D
- Chrysler Firepower (Festival)
- Class C
- Porsche Taycan Turbo S (Festival)
- Class S
The new cars will need the following cards:
| Chrysler Firepower Kit – Last checked: Jul 13, 2020|
Sale value: 2,000
Rarity: Optimal (Class D)
Vehicle: Chrysler Firepower (220 to upgrade)
| Porsche Taycan Turbo S Kit – Last checked: Jul 24, 2020|
Sale value: 2,000
Rarity: Optimal (Class C)
Vehicle: Porsche Taycan Turbo S (220 to upgrade)
| TORINO DESIGN Super Sport Kit – Last checked: Jul 11, 2020|
Sale value: 3,000
Rarity: Superb (Class S)
Vehicle: TORINO DESIGN Super Sport (220 to upgrade)
Availability: Festival, Festival Premium reward
- New items: Wild Cards.
- Wild Cards come in the same rarities as Vehicle Kit cards (optimal, prime and superb) and can be exchanged into any Vehicle Kit card of the same rarity, but not for new vehicles introduced in the current update.
- Currently there are no ways of obtaining Wild Cards except the Festival Premium Pass. Check the item availability matrix for changes.
- Contrary to Gameloft's initial announcement, the conversion of Wild Cards into Kit cards is not free but costs Credits.
- Wild Cards can be sold for Fusion Coins according to their rarity.
- Vehicle Kit cards for the Ariel Atom V8, McLaren M14A, McLaren MP4/8, McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, McLaren MP4-31 and 2018 McLaren X2 have been made unavailable in the tuning section and cannot be bought for Tokens any longer.
- In a similar manner as the Pagani Huayra BC, the rank and performance stats for the Ferrari 488 Pista and Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV were increased.
- Cars with the status, that were made purchasable for either or in the Fifteenth Anniversary Update, are no longer purchasable.
- The "extra" rarity of Vehicle Kit cards has been renamed to "optimal". Color and card value stay the same.
- June 25 - 29, 2020
- July 3 - 6, 2020
- July 24 - 27, 2020
- TORINO DESIGN Super Sport Festival (June 26 - July 6, 2020)
- Summer Smash Multiplayer Season (June 29, 2020)
- BMW i8 Coupe R&D (July 1, 2020)
- Chrysler Firepower Festival (July 10 - 20, 2020)
- Zeus Twelve Sigma R&D (July 11, 2020)
- Koenigsegg Regera R&D (July 22, 2020)
- Porsche Taycan Turbo S Festival (July 24 - August 3, 2020)
- Heatspike Multiplayer Season (July 27 - August 21, 2020)
- Degraded stability: Some vehicles, such as the 2018 McLaren X2, have reverted to their pre-Halloween Update physics and are prone to skidding out of control again.
- Chrysler Firepower Festival Milestone ad bug: Watching the milestone ads can cause the Pro Kits, Shop, Inventory, Booster application, Multiplayer, Daily Tasks, and Special Events to become inaccessible.
- This was fixed on July 12, 2020 and the BMW i8's R&D was extended for 2 days for those who encountered the problem.
- Chrysler Firepower upgrade requirements: Upgrades for the Chrysler initially required only 1 Chrysler Firepower Kit per upgrade making it the first vehicle to require only 40 cards to fully pro instead of 220.
- This was reverted on July 13, 2020.
- Wild Card conversion: Contrary to Gameloft's official announcement that Wild Cards can be converted into Vehicle Kit Cards once the corresponding Festival is completed, Wilds Cards cannot be converted into Kit cards of a vehicle that was added in the same update.
- The post-update screen once has changed from TORINO DESIGN Super Sport to Chrysler Firepower after its festival event is over make it the first time to have a post-update screen changed during the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The original “What's new?” text as of June 24, 2020, contained the addition “for free”. As of June 30, 2020, “for free” had been removed. Gameloft SE (2020-06-24). Asphalt 8: Airborne: Fun Real Car Racing Game. Google Play Store. Retrieved on 2020-06-24. “Win them and convert them into the Kit cards for specific cars for free!”
- ↑ Asphalt (2020-06-24). Festival "Wild Cards". Facebook. Retrieved on 2020-06-30. “Each Wild Card has its own rarity (Optimal, Prime, & Superb) and can be converted into any Festival Card of the same rarity from a Festival that has already ended. Wild Cards can also be used for any current/future Festival Cars in Asphalt 8, but only AFTER their Festival completion.”