The Winter Update, also known as the Pro Kits Update or Sector 8 Update, is the seventh update of Asphalt 8: Airborne.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
Gifts are coming early this year! Download the new Asphalt 8 update and unwrap all these sweet new features:
- PRO KITS
- Take your car's stats to the limit... then break clear through to the sky!
- 11 NEW CARS
- NEW LOCATION
- Race, compete and survive the craziest & most challenging tracks we've ever created!
- HOLIDAY RUSH
- NEW TOKEN SYSTEM
- Nothing is beyond your reach now! Earn tokens to acquire exclusive cars, refill Fuel or buy boosters. Stock up on tokens by playing events or purchasing them in the Shop.
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
The new cars will need the following engine cards:
- V6 Engine
- Acura NSX 2005 (x4)
- V8 Engine
- Ferrari 308 GTS (x4)
- Felino cB7 (x8)
- Spada Codatronca TSS (x4)
- Arrinera Hussayra (x12)
- Lucra L148 (x12)
- Electric Engine
- Rimac Concept One (x8)
- F6 Engine
- 9FF GT9 VMAX (x44)
- V12 Engine
- Tramontana XTR (x8)
- W16 Engine
- Volkswagen W12 (x36)
- New location: Sector 8.
- Christmas decorations added to Iceland, Tokyo, and the Alps. They return every Christmas season, in the Santa's Gift Update, Championship Update, Hot Wheels Update and Transylvania Update
- Pro Kits introduced. These allow a car to perform better than its maximum rank would allow, similar to a Tuning Kit. However, unlike Tuning Kits, Pro Kits can upgrade the stats of a car individually, and require cards in order to purchase unlocks
- New currency: Tokens (). Tokens are a premium currency introduced in this update, and can be used to buy Double Credits Bonuses, Extra Tanks, Pro Kit Boxes, cars, and to refill fuel points.
- AI racer ranks are now calculated better based on either the recommended rank of the event or the rank of the car you are using. For more information, see this page.
- The Ferrari 599XX now always comes with a black hardtop roof.
- The Peugeot Onyx's appearance has been slightly modified; it now appears oxidized.
- The speed stats in the Garage are now displayed with one decimal place for better accuracy. However, internal data suggests that there are actually at least two decimal places.
- When selecting a car that the player doesn't own in the garage, the car is no longer surrounded by a red dashed ring circling the car's platform (shown on right).
- The hue of the Garage no longer changes to be darker when selecting/viewing cars for Events.
- This is also the last update to feature the original Garage design.